Discussion topic: Broadband speed

This message was authored by ColleenS1 This message was authored by: ColleenS1

Broadband speed

Good day I am getting sky glass installed this weekend but concerned about our broadband connection at times.  Please can a technician call me 

Colleen Summers

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Broadband speed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @ColleenS1 We are all customers like yourself on this public help forum.

The minimum recommended advised by Sky for Glass or Stream are as follows

HD = 25mbps

UHD = 30mbps

HD + 1 puck = 30mbps

UHD + 1 puck = 35mbps

Note these are the speeds being received at the Glass TV (or puck) which are often considerably less than the speeds being received at your router.  It is also important that you have a stable WiFi connection.

If you currently have Netflix on your TV you can test the speed it is receiving by going to Netflix and selecting Get help > Check network.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@ColleenS1  Unfortunately no one will call you as this is primarily a customer helps customer forum where customers help each other 

what is your contracted speed ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Hi @ColleenS1 We are all customers like yourself on this public help forum.

The minimum recommended advised by Sky for Glass or Stream are as follows

HD = 25mbps

UHD = 30mbps

HD + 1 puck = 30mbps

UHD + 1 puck = 35mbps

Note these are the speeds being received at the Glass TV (or puck) which are often considerably less than the speeds being received at your router.  It is also important that you have a stable WiFi connection.

If you currently have Netflix on your TV you can test the speed it is receiving by going to Netflix and selecting Get help > Check network.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@ColleenS1 wrote:

Good day I am getting sky glass installed this weekend but concerned about our broadband connection at times.  Please can a technician call me 

Colleen Summers

Sky Glass just gets delivered - it is not installed. The most the delivery company will do is attach it to the pedastal stand unless you have paid extra for a wall mounting service (which is only offered to certain postcodes AFAIK). It's up to you to turn it on and follow the on-screen instructions to get connected to the streaming service.

If you don't think your broadband is up to the job (it needs to be fast and stable for Glass to function reliably) then you can cancel the order before delivery by phoning Sky, or you can get the TV delivered and try it out. If it doesn't function reliably enough you can request cancellation within the first 31 days of activation. Sky will then send a courier to collect the TV and you will be re-imbursed for any money paid to that point for the hardware. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion