Discussion topic: Channel 4 App: Error code 4100 or 4200

This message was authored by ClaireH88 This message was authored by: ClaireH88

Channel 4 App: Error code 4100 or 4200

I keep getting an error code when using programmes in my playlist on the sky stream punk. It doesnt seem to buffer or anything before, it just completely stops and displays the error code. 

sometimes it remembers where i had watched up to, but other times it doesn't and i have to restart the programme from the beginning. 

It also seems to get stuck after the ads play and buffers and then completely freezes. 

most common on channel 4, but other channels struggling with too. 

any ideas

Moderator note: subject of thread updated to better reflect the conversation

All Replies

This message was authored by John5783 This message was authored by: John5783

Sky Glass Rendering Fault

We've had Sky Glass for about 2months and apart from a couple of freezes it's not bad but now every program comes up with rendering fault and we can't watch anything

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Sky Glass Rendering Fault

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@John5783  Not sure what you mean by rendering fault 

does it display an error message if so what does it say or is the picture break up 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by John5783 This message was authored by: John5783

It comes up with the sorry message and then "4100-Rendering Fault", got it woorking by switching it off at the mains.

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

@John5783 I believe this is on the all4 app. 

From experience reloading the episode will allow seamless play back. 

You would need to provide feedback to All4 with the details on the fault for them to investigate. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Re: error code 4200-DRM-FAILED

@ClaireH88 

Hi,

The 4200-DRM-FAILED error is sadly an all4 issue that has been around from day one of release, Iv had numerous chats with sky and channel 4 but neither seems to be able to answer as to why it happens. 

Typically exiting and restarting the play back fixes the issue. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
ClaireH88
Topic Author
This message was authored by ClaireH88 This message was authored by: ClaireH88

Not good news ast the handful of programmes I do have on my playlist and most are on channel 4! 

I have a free trial on streak at the moment so we have ads, does the £5 no ad upgrade skip the channel 4 ads too? 

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@ClaireH88just be aware add skipping does not allow you to skip ads on live tv is allows you to fastforward through any adds on sky ondemand and 3rd party apps,it dosnt block the adds completely you will still see them it just allows you to fast forward through them 

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by bdzer This message was authored by: bdzer

4200-DRM-FAILED

When trying to watch love island specifically I get the error 4200-DRM-FAILED on the stream Puck it works fine on the other sky glass TV, restarting the puck doesn't seem to make a difference since the error is there every night at the same time while trying to watch love island I have to either goto a different TV or watch via the app and today it also appeared on another channel while trying to watch something else, is there an issue with the puck I only got sky installed a few weeks ago so it's still brand new?

Re: 4200-DRM-FAILED

I noticed like an idiot I posted this in the wrong section it should be in the sky stream section not the sky q is it possible to move the post or should I create another in the correct place? Sorry!

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@bdzer  Your post has been moved to the correct forum.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@bdzer DRM is almost certainly iis Digital Rights Management which are protected by the HDCP system. Rebooting both the TV and puck should sort it unless your TV is very old (over 6 yersa).

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Yeah restarting makes no difference it happens every night this was my last resort before calling up 

This message was authored by Toniteague This message was authored by: Toniteague

My sky tv isn’t working and has a code 4200 DRM failed

My sky tv isn’t working and has a code 4200 DRM failed

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: My sky tv isn’t working and has a code 4200 DRM failed

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @Toniteague. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion