Discussion topic: Moving home but I don’t have new address yet so need to just cancel everything?

This message was authored by Jaxster13 This message was authored by: Jaxster13

Moving home but I don’t have new address yet so need to just cancel everything?

Moving home. No new address for several months. Need to cancel everything for now 

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Moving home but I don’t have new address yet so need to just cancel everything?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You would need to contact Sky to do that but bare in mind if you are working your minimum term contract length Sky do reserve the right to charge an early termination fee. 

To cancel all of your TV subscription, if you’re out of contract you’ll need to give Sky the required 31 days notice. The T&Cs state you can’t cancel when still in a minimum term deal unless Sky agree. If they agree you’ll have to pay the remainder of your discounted term.

Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to contact details.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave

If you cancel correctly you should receive a confirmation email from Sky.

If you’re cancelling Sky Q don’t forget to keep you proof of posting indefinitely when you return the equipment. Return packaging will be sent out towards the end of your notice period. If you are upgrading to Sky Glass, the return equipment will be sent out towards the end of your 31 day cooling off period for Sky Glass to make sure you don't want to switch back.

To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, or if you’re moving to a provider like e.g Virgin Media who don’t use the Openreach network to provide their service, you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days, but if you are still in the initial 18 months deal Sky could impose cancellation charges. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

You’ll need to return any loaned routers to Sky, so it’s important you get proof of posting and keep it indefinitely. Return packaging will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Moving home but I don’t have new address yet so need to just cancel everything?

You would need to contact Sky to do that but bare in mind if you are working your minimum term contract length Sky do reserve the right to charge an early termination fee. 

To cancel all of your TV subscription, if you’re out of contract you’ll need to give Sky the required 31 days notice. The T&Cs state you can’t cancel when still in a minimum term deal unless Sky agree. If they agree you’ll have to pay the remainder of your discounted term.

Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to contact details.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave

If you cancel correctly you should receive a confirmation email from Sky.

If you’re cancelling Sky Q don’t forget to keep you proof of posting indefinitely when you return the equipment. Return packaging will be sent out towards the end of your notice period. If you are upgrading to Sky Glass, the return equipment will be sent out towards the end of your 31 day cooling off period for Sky Glass to make sure you don't want to switch back.

To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, or if you’re moving to a provider like e.g Virgin Media who don’t use the Openreach network to provide their service, you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days, but if you are still in the initial 18 months deal Sky could impose cancellation charges. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

You’ll need to return any loaned routers to Sky, so it’s important you get proof of posting and keep it indefinitely. Return packaging will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Jaxster13 

Note that you cannot cancel repayment of the Glass purchase loan at all, and that Sky very rarely permits cancelling a television subscription service within a minimum contract term.  Neither of these is a rental.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Jaxster13
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jaxster13 This message was authored by: Jaxster13

I own the sky glass outright so I literally just pay for the subscription 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Jaxster13 

In that case what matters is if the content subscription was taken out on an 18 month minimum term* or a rolling monthly basis.

*and if so, whether this has expired.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion