Discussion topic: My sky glass is saying technical fault, try again later, when it does this I assume I still pay in

This message was authored by tina012 This message was authored by: tina012

My sky glass is saying technical fault, try again later, when it does this I assume I still pay in

My sky glass keeps saying technical fault,  try again later,  they still expect me to pay my bill. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: My sky glass is saying technical fault, try again later, when it does this I assume I still pa

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tina012 This is quite a common issue and is usually resolved by a reboot of your Glass TV.  SImply switch it off at the plug socket for a minute or so and then switch it back on again.  It takes about a minute to reboot.

Hopefully that will resolve the issue but if not then try rebooting your router.

With my Glass TV I found it was more stable when I turned OFF all the gimmicky options in the Settings > Start up & standby menu with the exception of the Networked Standby Mode which should be turned ON.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by coolmerc This message was authored by: coolmerc

Re: My sky glass is saying technical fault, try again later, when it does this I assume I still pa

It's down to sky, they are testing firmware on the public again, it was the same about a year ago until they rolled out some firmware that worked, this is the first I have seen regarding the slowness and messages such as “please wait for the programme to load” and "There is a technical fault with this programme, please try later” for about a year when I used to have the problem. It's a dam disgrace, we pay for sky service and this is what we get, they want to get some decent firmware programmers and do lots of testing before releasing it on the public!! The problems are happening not only on sky glass but my 3 sky pucks as well even when connected via ethernet, my line speed is 150mbps which is more than enough.

This message was authored by Drewedgar This message was authored by: Drewedgar

I'm having the same issue. I have to switch the TV off at the wall almost every time I switch channels. As others have said, same problem a year ago, although it seems worse this time.

Can I ask which ISP you are using? I am using Youfibre, I am curious to see if you have the same  provider.

This message was authored by Drewedgar This message was authored by: Drewedgar

@coolmerc  I'm also with YouFibre

There's a few people local to me who are having the same issue with Sky and YouFibre 

I opened a ticket with Youfibre who then contacted Sky, that was over a week ago, Youfibre has contacted me a few times to see if anything had changed, not sure whats happening behind the scene's or who is doing what to fix it.. I originally contacted Sky who said they would call me back but never did, typical of Sky.

tina012
Topic Author

I find it very annoying as it can happen any time of the day. With what we pay for the service I expect almost 100%, they never reduce our bills at all. Sometimes it goes on for a while. 

tina012
Topic Author

If you mean broadband provider I have sky,  sorry I'm not very technical minded. 

I was in contact with one of the YouFibre support guys who liased with Sky to resolve this issue, so everyone who had the problem described in this thread who's ISP was with YouFibre should now be fixed. Apparently YouFibre was using a new set of IP addresses that Sky had a problem with. Many thanks to Mark from YouFibre who worked diligently and kept in contact with me almost every day untill a fix was applied in their systems.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion