Discussion topic: Sky Glass stopped working and Sky wont replace as 5 weeks out of warranty

This message was authored by Sammylou0407 This message was authored by: Sammylou0407

Sky Glass stopped working and Sky wont replace as 5 weeks out of warranty

Sky screen suddenly became pixcelated as in just coloured stripes no volume. Rang sky glass and after over an hour on the phone told us couldn't be fixed and wanted an up front payment of £490 to replace it. We are still paying finance for the original tv. We are not in a position to do that so the other suggestion was set up a new finance agreement to run along side the current one. I was not prepared to start paying for new sky glass TV which could potentially go wrong in 2 years.  I have Tvs in my house that are over 10 years old and still going strong.  With no compromise I have now cancelled sky and will not be recommending them.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Glass stopped working and Sky wont replace as 5 weeks out of warranty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sammylou0407 wrote:

We are still paying finance for the original tv.

Unfortunately with a two year warranty and either 24 or 48 month loan repayment terms, that's quite possible.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Curtis2 This message was authored by: Curtis2

Re: Sky Glass stopped working and Sky wont replace as 5 weeks out of warranty

(removed)

Ive had 3 in just ovet 2 years due to poor build quality and this ones now broken.

Sky won't replace

(removed)

They're an awful awful company

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion