Discussion topic: Sky glass turns off while watching

This message was authored by JohnCopleyHammo This message was authored by: JohnCopleyHammo

Sky glass turns off while watching

My new glass tv turns off randomly while I'm in the room watching.  It does this all the time.  It also turns itself on when I walk in the room?  Can I resolve this? Or is the set faulty? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Sky glass turns off while watching

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JohnCopleyHammo To stop the Glass TV turning on when you enter the room (and the other annoying so called features) go into Settings > Start up and Standby and turn off ALL the settings other than Networked Standby Mode which is best turned ON.

The above may also help with the Glass turning off unexpectedly. However, both the Glass TV and Stream puck are designed to turn off after a period of inactivity.  A message usually appears on the screen telling you to pick up the remote to stop Glass turning off.  This is to comply with EU legislation. I have included a link in case you are interested enough to read it.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JohnCopleyHammo To stop the Glass TV turning on when you enter the room (and the other annoying so called features) go into Settings > Start up and Standby and turn off ALL the settings other than Networked Standby Mode which is best turned ON.

The above may also help with the Glass turning off unexpectedly. However, both the Glass TV and Stream puck are designed to turn off after a period of inactivity.  A message usually appears on the screen telling you to pick up the remote to stop Glass turning off.  This is to comply with EU legislation. I have included a link in case you are interested enough to read it.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
JohnCopleyHammo
Topic Author
This message was authored by JohnCopleyHammo This message was authored by: JohnCopleyHammo

Thank you 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion