Discussion topic: Sky glass won’t connect to broadband

This message was authored by Mark198657 This message was authored by: Mark198657

Sky glass won’t connect to broadband

glass been working fine for months with sky broadband hub. I've now switched to bt but the glass is connecting to the hub but not the broadband. Any idea how to fix this? 

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky glass won’t connect to broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Mark198657 

I've just left BT for EE (technically also BT) but not had issues with either BT Smart hub 2 or EE WiFi 6 Smart hub.

I would say reset your network settings in Glass as per the instructions here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/connect-tv-help-sky-glass

I would also power cycle the glass after resetting the network and before trying to join your new network and maybe give the router a reboot too. Over two years ago I experienced some minor issues with BT hub (a few devices couldn't resolve DNS) so I updated the DNS servers on the router to use fast (1.1.1.1) and Google (8.8.8.8) respectively over the BT default.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion