Discussion topic: TV says I need to upgrade my subscription

This message was authored by NeilT1956 This message was authored by: NeilT1956

TV says I need to upgrade my subscription

I am getting a message saying I need to upgrade my subscription to watch this program 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: TV says I need to upgrade my subscription

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NeilT1956 Without knowing what you are trying to watch when you get this message it is difficult to know if the following is relevant to your situation or not but it may well be so here goes:

It is not uncommon for Sky programmes to show the next episode as available when in fact it has not been broadcast. I have my Glass settings to show the next episode automatically and often I get this message when it tries to play an episode before it is broadcast. The Alibi and Witness Channels are particularly prone to doing this.

Also, Sky Cinema will often advertise a programme on the EPG before it premiers.  This will also give you the upgrade subscription error message.

Ideally the programme should not even show as being available but when it does the error message to upgrade your subscription is decidedly unhelpful. It would be much better if the error message was a little more informative, such as This programme is not yet available to Stream (or something similar).

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @NeilT1956 

Need more information. Is this on Live TV, on demand programs, specific content etc? What have you tried so far? E.g. a reboot? 

A good starting point would be to unplug your Glass TV / Puck for a few minutes and trying again. 

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
NeilT1956
Topic Author
This message was authored by NeilT1956 This message was authored by: NeilT1956

I will try the reboot option...thanks 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@NeilT1956 Without knowing what you are trying to watch when you get this message it is difficult to know if the following is relevant to your situation or not but it may well be so here goes:

It is not uncommon for Sky programmes to show the next episode as available when in fact it has not been broadcast. I have my Glass settings to show the next episode automatically and often I get this message when it tries to play an episode before it is broadcast. The Alibi and Witness Channels are particularly prone to doing this.

Also, Sky Cinema will often advertise a programme on the EPG before it premiers.  This will also give you the upgrade subscription error message.

Ideally the programme should not even show as being available but when it does the error message to upgrade your subscription is decidedly unhelpful. It would be much better if the error message was a little more informative, such as This programme is not yet available to Stream (or something similar).

This message was authored by Paul_S This message was authored by: Paul_S

I am getting the same type of error. Mainly noticeable on some channels of live tv. When I press the option to 'play from the start'....come back with an upgrade subscription message and then if I go further, I get the mysky_1800 error. Have seen this on RTE1, virgin1 ( when trying to go back to the start of the Graham Norton show this weekend....and tonight also when I tried to go to the start of wheeler dealers latest episode that was 3/4 way into the episode. Very frustrating !!!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Paul_S If you have not already tried it switch off your Glass or Stream puck at the plug socket and wait for a minute before switching it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

This may resolve your issue.

This message was authored by Paul_S This message was authored by: Paul_S

Will give a reboot a go, but disappointing that the system is buggy to this level. Be good to understand is sky recognise the bug and have a plan to address it. Many thanks 

This message was authored by Sentongo37900 This message was authored by: Sentongo37900

Re: TV says I need to upgrade my subscription. All channels are not working

• All channels are  not showing 
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @Sentongo37900 

Not a lot of info there. Are you seeing an upgrade message or are you saying channels are missing? Sky Glass and Stream have a different line up than Q or Sky+

See: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Yourself This message was authored by: Yourself

But the programs have been downloaded 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion