Discussion topic: 3 problems viewing, purchases and sky go

This message was authored by fluffalump2012 This message was authored by: fluffalump2012

3 problems viewing, purchases and sky go

I have been unable to purchase from sky store, it is not telling me I can't purchase - account is all in order.

I can't use sky go - wont connect.

I turned the tv on this morning to catch up with the news and the screen is black. Every single channel is black with a message at the top telling me I need to subscribe.  I pay almost £160 a month for broadband and sky tv to be told I need to subscribe to watch the channel!  I have checked my account and there is nothing wrong with it.

I have a hearing problem and struggle to use the phone, so live chat is best for me. But you don't get to speak to anyone anymore it is that useless daft auto chat!  

Sky are very good at taking your money, but not so good at being able to get hold of them when there's an issue, I can't use the phone, so how do I sort an issue!  

Any advice would be great please, as at this rate I will rip the damn stuff out and tell them to get lost, it's driving me mad!

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: 3 problems viewing, purchases and sky go

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fluffalump2012 wrote:

I have been unable to purchase from sky store, it is not telling me I can't purchase - account is all in order.

You need a Sky Store account to make purchase

Best to contact Sky Store directly.
Live chat is available 11am - 7:30pm Monday to Saturday
https://www.skystore.com/n/hcus/help/contact-us

I can't use sky go - wont connect.

Do you have the monthly Sky Q Multiscreen subscription?

Without this you cannot connect your Sky Go device to your Q box.

you are limited to internet use only.

I turned the tv on this morning to catch up with the news and the screen is black. Every single channel is black with a message at the top telling me I need to subscribe.  I pay almost £160 a month for broadband and sky tv to be told I need to subscribe to watch the channel!  I have checked my account and there is nothing wrong with it.

Have you tried rebooting your Q box.

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Also make sure that you are not trying to watch HD content without the HD add on.

First check that you are not trying to Download or view HD or UHD content without the Q HD or UHD Subscription pack.
The Sky Q Sports pack and BT Sport if you subscribe through Sky are in HD as Standard.
Sky Cinema if you subscribe is also in HD.
Sky Signature includes BoxSets and Entertainment channels only in SD as standard.
Only free to air channels such as BBC, ITV etc are in HD. The Q HD pack is required for all other Sky Signature HD content, including Catch Up in HD, On Demand in HD and BoxSets in HD
If you do not have the Optional HD pack you need to change the Download to SD in All Formats (as HD is the default setting).
So that you do not need to do this every time it’s best to change your Download preference to SD in Home - Settings - Setup - Preferences.
This needs to be done on the main Q box.
Then if you want to download any HD content from free to air channels (BBCHD ,ITVHD etc) you can select HD in the All formats tab of the content . This will change the format for that particular download only but still leave your format to SD in preferences.

I have a hearing problem and struggle to use the phone, so live chat is best for me. But you don't get to speak to anyone anymore it is that useless daft auto chat!  

Sky are very good at taking your money, but not so good at being able to get hold of them when there's an issue, I can't use the phone, so how do I sort an issue!  

Any advice would be great please, as at this rate I will rip the damn stuff out and tell them to get lost, it's driving me mad!

Hi @fluffalump2012 

See above

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fluffalump2012 

If you have a hearing issue it may be worth you registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help you now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
fluffalump2012
Topic Author
This message was authored by fluffalump2012 This message was authored by: fluffalump2012

Awesome, thank you so much. Did not know Sky had such a thing, even though previously in live chat I have explained about the hearing problem and they have never offered that service.  Many thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion