Discussion topic: Can't Watch F1 sprint race on catchup

This message was authored by tomahawk2 This message was authored by: tomahawk2

Can't Watch F1 sprint race on catchup

I am unabe to watch todays Belgian Sprint race on the catchup using the sky go app. The only option is to download to my Sky box at home which is useless to me as it's already been recorded.  I won't be back home for a week as visiting my mother for her 70th brithday (in the UK, not abroad). Was unable to watch the shootout or sprint race live so thought I'd use the Sky go app to catch up on it and hoping to do the same for the main race tomorrow evening as we will be out when it's on live. 

Very disspointed in Sky for this. I pay a lot for F1 and was expecting to be able to use the app as advertised to catchup and watch while away from home. I'm sure it's to do with licensing agreements but this really helps no one. It's not like I have an option to pay more money to Sky or anyone else to be able to catchup on the race and I know channel 4 have highlights but I pay Sky to be able watch the whole thing. All this restriction does is annoy a loyaly customer and now means I'll have to avoid reading Autosport and other motorsport news all week until I get home. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can't Watch F1 sprint race on catchup

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tomahawk2 wrote:

I'm sure it's to do with licensing agreements

You are probably correct with this as not everything will be available to watch via the app as the app itself will show all content even as is the case here that it can only be viewed via your box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
tomahawk2
Topic Author
This message was authored by tomahawk2 This message was authored by: tomahawk2

Re: Can't Watch F1 sprint race on catchup

Update

It appears this issue is not about licensing agreements. Having contacted Sky on viewerr@sky.uk the happily made the race available to stream. Same issue with the main race the following as predicted and again was made available after emailing them although it did take until Wednesday to happen. 

Either Sky has an issue with making content available or just wants to annoy their customers by restricting contents for no reason. Pretty poor really. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion