Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Sky Go
Get connected with Sky Go to access a world of entertainment on the move. Whether you need advice on getting the most from Sky Go, compatibility of your device or technical help.
Occasional Visitor
ross777

Chromecast Sky Go

Are there plans for Chromecast support for Sky Go when it gets a UK release due at the end of March?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
seandouglas2

Re: Chromecast Sky Go

No chance, more likey to get Now Tv, but nothing confirmed. All due to rights issues.

Please note, I do not work for Sky. I am a paying customer, like you.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Phillip-P

Hi ross777, 

Thanks you for your post, I am going to get some further information on this for you, so I can give you an accurate answer for you.

Kind Regards.

Phillip
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
Brock123

it would be great if it happened (Chromecast is officially being released in the UK in 'a few weeks')

But it falls under the same box as enabling DMCA out or Airplay, which are both currently blocked; I don't think Sky feel it is in their interests to let people watch content on a TV without a skybox.  Not without paying extra for it anyway.

------------------------------------------------
Android version of "Sky News for iPad" please - we did it for Sky Go, don't stop there!
Senior Member (Platinum)
seandouglas2

I have Chromecast since Oct 13. It is a great device and works without issues. As I said before, Sky Go would not be on it. And I stand by it. Would I like it? yes! will it happen? No!
Please note, I do not work for Sky. I am a paying customer, like you.
Community Coordinator
LauraW1

Hi there, 
I can confirm that nothing has been planned at this stage to support Chromecast for Sky Go.
If anything changes we will let you know.
Thanks, 

Laura-W
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
Brock123

I'll just add that your friends at BT Sport are strongly rumoured to be supporting Chromecast...  well we'll see on Wednesday - I'll be in line to grab one :smileyvery-happy:

http://www.androidcentral.com/chromecast-support-destined-british-tv-apps

------------------------------------------------
Android version of "Sky News for iPad" please - we did it for Sky Go, don't stop there!
Super User
rscott

BTSport already support HDMI out & Airplay, so I'd expect Chromecast as well.
Contributor
srlj

Maybe that's why they have just updated their app with red button channels
Super User
KingfisherUK

As has been pointed out many times, BT Sport's content is entirely their own so they can do what they like with it in terms of how they distribute it. App, 3G, Wifi, HDMI, Airplay, Chromecast, whatever.

Sky Go is an entirely different matter due to content from numerous different providers, each with different contracts and terms. Whilst Sky Sports can probably be shown this way (see the NowTV example), other content can't, so unless they made a separate Sky Sports Go app which was Chromecast/Airplay/HDMI enabled, Sky Go will always be all or nothing.

I am not a Sky employee, any opinions in my posts are entirely my own.

KFUK,
True for most of Sky's content re-contracts but not for Sky Sports as can be seen with NOWTV which has HDMI out and AirPlay enabled for sports
Retired Staff Member
ola-a

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts. As earlier said by Laura, there is no plan for this at this stage.

You can however follow here and click on new message to drop your suggestions.

Kind regards,

Ola
Community Coordinator