Discussion topic: Downloaded shows on SkyGo won’t play

This message was authored by Jh24 This message was authored by: Jh24

Downloaded shows on SkyGo won’t play

Hi, I recently downloaded episodes of The Sopranos before going on holiday to watch on the plane. As soon as I tried to play them I get an error message. I've tried since landed and getting to our hotel and I'm still getting the same message. 

The error message says: 'sorry, something went wrong. There is a problem connecting to the SkyGo app. Please try again later.' 

Any advice would be appreciated cheers!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Downloaded shows on SkyGo won’t play

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is your device in airplane mode or have you made sure the internet connection is disabled ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Jh24
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jh24 This message was authored by: Jh24

Thanks for your reply. But yeah I've tried in and out of airplane mode and no joy unfortunately!

This message was authored by cadwgan7 This message was authored by: cadwgan7

I've had this issue before and I had to start watching the items whilst i was on wifi, say in the airport, then when i actually wanted to watch them they would work. The only problem with this is that it starts the countdown to deleting them. I had hoped there was a better way, but i've not been able to find one.

I assume its some sort of validation that its looking for to allow play back, but sort of defeats the downloading of them to watch later.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion