Discussion topic: Error message PFE 9001

This message was authored by And+S This message was authored by: And+S

Error message PFE 9001

Hi there,

I have the above error message on my PC all of  a sudden and how infuriating it is, I've tried uninstalling, deleting files and everything and it's just stopped working. I've even tried another PC and that has the same message. I need it sorted by Monday evening since there's rather an important football match live on Sky so wonder if something might be able to help me.........

The message starts with ............Something went wrong when starting the App.........and suggests I phone Customer Services team but that would be my last resort......

Nothing's changed, only maybe a Windows Update......

Thank you - Andy

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Error message PFE 9001

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Give this a try:

Go to settings and turn of connection to Sky Q box (it might be on by default).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
And+S
Topic Author

Thanks for replying so quickly caesarome and we did try that..........but would you believe, having posted, it's now started working...........something to do with our router we believe.

Cheers again - Port Vale will have another viewer on Monday 🙂

This message was authored by CTWF10 This message was authored by: CTWF10

I had the same issue turns out i had my VPN turned on switched it off and all good now.

And+S
Topic Author

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I'll bear that in mind in future 🙂

This message was authored by MrKot This message was authored by: MrKot

I've had problems using Sky Go on my Mac for ages now - always the PFE 9001 error - tried numerous things - eventually got it to work with ExpressVPN which was surprising as VPNs are usually an issue - this got me to realise it was something to do with my network settings - eventually found out that it was to do with my having set my DNS to 1.1.1.1 on the Mac's WiFi - removing this from network settings and letting it default back to my router's DNS (without VPN) solved all my problems - hope this helps folks.

This message was authored by Phil+Green This message was authored by: Phil+Green

I just fixed this on my macbook - it was indeed the DNS settings.  I removed the manually configured DNS entries from the wifi config and allowed the laptop to pick them up from the router ( BT fibre ).  It is now working.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion