Discussion topic: I pay for tnt sports through sky but when I go to SKY GO it won’t let me cast to tv ?

This message was authored by crw1965 This message was authored by: crw1965

I pay for tnt sports through sky but when I go to SKY GO it won’t let me cast to tv ?

I pay for tnt sports directly to SKY 

my internet is also SKY 

but when I go to SKY GO to watch tnt it won't let me cast to my google chrome which is connected to my tv 

I rang sky they said to watch tnt go to sky go and cast  

to google chrome 

but there is no cast icon to do this ?

thank you for any assistance 

i can only watch on the main SKY tv channels like 410 tnt sports but can't cast from SKY GO APP 

Thank you 

Best Answers
crw1965
Topic Author
This message was authored by crw1965 This message was authored by: crw1965 Answer

Re: I pay for tnt sports through sky but when I go to SKY GO it won’t let me cast to tv ?

Thank you the SKY customer service has obviously got it wrong then as he clearly stated to cast tnt sports  go to SKY GO 

I had hoped to use it when away from home so I will just have to watch on phone when away from home 

thank you for information it is Really appreciated 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I pay for tnt sports through sky but when I go to SKY GO it won’t let me cast to tv ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Go does not allow casting via Chromecast as it is blocked due to rights reasons.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
crw1965
Topic Author
This message was authored by crw1965 This message was authored by: crw1965 Answer

Thank you the SKY customer service has obviously got it wrong then as he clearly stated to cast tnt sports  go to SKY GO 

I had hoped to use it when away from home so I will just have to watch on phone when away from home 

thank you for information it is Really appreciated 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@crw1965 

I'd note that the Discovery+ app does permit casting, as does watching on a compatible web browser.

As @caesarome indicates, Sky Go on phone or tablet has never done so, or allowed cabled output over HDMI.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
crw1965
Topic Author
This message was authored by crw1965 This message was authored by: crw1965

Thank you 

when I go to discovery + app I can indeed cast TNT LIVE events and others 

I believe after subscribing with SKY for TNT sports it takes 24 hrs or in my case 48 hrs until the cast icon becomes visible on the discovery + app 

thank you for assistance and advice 

greatly appreciated 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion