Discussion topic: MySky app unread messages notification

This message was authored by TonyBear1963 This message was authored by: TonyBear1963

MySky app unread messages notification

We joined Sky at the end of October last year at which time I duly downloaded the MySky app to my iPhone, now this might seem like a minor issue to everyone but it's beginning to annoy me now 😁

On the app icon there has always been what appears to be a notification indicator showing the number 2, no matter where I look in the app I cannot find what that number is referring to, I've even gone so far as to delete and reinstall the app.

What I would like to know is does anyone else have this "issue" or am I the only one or can anyone suggest how I find the two things whatever they might be?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream & Whole Home (2 pucks), 55 inch Amazon Fire TV Omni QLED 4k UHD, Sony BDV-E280 Blu-ray home theatre system, Virgin broadband.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: MySky app unread messages notification

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I wonder if it refers to unread messages so does anything show here on your message centre:

https://www.sky.com/mymessages

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
TonyBear1963
Topic Author
This message was authored by TonyBear1963 This message was authored by: TonyBear1963

@caesarome wrote:

I wonder if it refers to unread messages so does anything show here on your message centre:

Well that's weird, there were 6 unread messages at that link. In the app, the My Messages section has a blue dot which I assume means that there are messages waiting, however when I open it the page says that I have no messages! It seems to me that there is a synchronisation error, hopefully now that I've read them all on the website it will sort out the app.

Thanks for your help @caesarome 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream & Whole Home (2 pucks), 55 inch Amazon Fire TV Omni QLED 4k UHD, Sony BDV-E280 Blu-ray home theatre system, Virgin broadband.
TonyBear1963
Topic Author

@TonyBear1963 wrote:

@caesarome wrote:

Well that's weird, there were 6 unread messages at that link. In the app, the My Messages section has a blue dot which I assume means that there are messages waiting, however when I open it the page says that I have no messages! It seems to me that there is a synchronisation error, hopefully now that I've read them all on the website it will sort out the app.

Thanks for your help @caesarome 

Well a day later and after deleting and reinstalling the app I still have the apparent notification of 2 without there being anything to view, does no-one else have this (admittedly minor) issue?

This message was authored by Alan4711 This message was authored by: Alan4711

Hi go to your settings and open apps then scroll down to find sky go  click on notifications  and your done

TonyBear1963
Topic Author

@Alan4711 wrote:

Hi go to your settings and open apps then scroll down to find sky go  click on notifications  and your done

Hi, I think you meant go to the My Sky app and turn off notifications 😉 Either way the annoying badge number is no longer there to pester me.

This message was authored by Andi+with+an+I This message was authored by: Andi+with+an+I

Hello

did this my sky app showing notification bubble get resolved. I've hunted through all my sky sections and can't see any unread messages no notifications and unable to clear motivation bubble on iOS iPhone 13!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion