Discussion topic: No internet connection

This message was authored by Benken1975 This message was authored by: Benken1975

No internet connection

Good Morning

i have been experiencing problems using the sky Ap on my iPad.   When I open the App it goes to the download section as there is no internet.  Despite this all of my other streaming Apps work fine. Just Sky not working.  I can search for things to watch in the sky app but as soon as I press the play button. I get an error message saying I don't have a valid internet connection.   I have tried uninstalling App resetting iPad but no luck.  Anyone got any ideas on what else I can try.

thanks in advance 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: No internet connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try turning of the internet connection on your iPad then delete the app, reboot your ipad then turn back on the internet connection before installing the app again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Robin+Silv This message was authored by: Robin+Silv

Also experiencing exactly the same. Tried the solution above and exactly the same error message still appearing. Wifi definitely working! Thanks

This message was authored by Marie123l This message was authored by: Marie123l

I'm experiencing the error not connected to the internet when using sky go app on iPad. 
I have deleted app and reinstalled and it works briefly. However if I exit the app and return later the same error message appears. Surely I do not have to uninstall and reinstall every time I wish to use?? 
There are no Wi-Fi issues etc as it allows me to download app. 

This message was authored by Mspeller This message was authored by: Mspeller

I have the no internet connection also. So infuriating and frustating. I have forgotten internet deleted app. Reset router (new by the way) re installed router and app exactly the same problem. Full bars of connection iPad updates on point. This is shockingly poor service when I pay quite an amount for the service. Not exceptable!!!

Sky, please address this immediately it’s not fair. 

If if this has been remedied by fixes somehow although just installed the app again then except my apologies and direct me to it please!

This message was authored by Robin+Silv This message was authored by: Robin+Silv

Does anyone even care about this, clearly is a wider issue and the simple fixes aren't working. For what it's worth my ipad is an older generation ipad air, so is there a possible compatibility issue / patch needed here.

any response would be better than the nothing received so far... 🤷🏽‍♂️

This message was authored by SeanBT This message was authored by: SeanBT

Has anybody comes up with a resolution to this issue?

I have exactly the same issue with my Android mobile - no internet connection over WiFi but no issues over 4G. Both supplied by Vodafone.

Just had the router replaced as I was rebooting so often just to resolve the issue, even when the rest of the house has no issues with WiFi & internet connection. 

It is ONLY Sky.

Also, please no more advice to turn off WiFi, uninstall app, turn on WiFi, reinstall app. Just done that for the umpteenth time and still not resolved.

This message was authored by mallard444 This message was authored by: mallard444

I'm getting exactly the same problem. I can access recordings, download stuff but can't watch live. I think it's because it's an older iPad only IOS 12.5.7 so Sky Go now doesn't work on version older than IOS 13.

This message was authored by Budda1 This message was authored by: Budda1

Exactly the same issue seems that if your iPad is a older model it won't allow the app to work if it's iOS isn't 13 +

pretty bloody frustrating tbh 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion