Discussion topic: Sky Go Issue. (Why is skygo so bad!!!!!)

This message was authored by Rocky123455 This message was authored by: Rocky123455

Sky Go Issue. (Why is skygo so bad!!!!!)

I have a large package which includes Sky Sports. (I have checked). I have been a sky customer for decades and keep getting sent all sorts of crap from them. What I would love is just for the service to work. 

Sky go has not worked for me for months. My friends all have illegal boxes and can watch everything wihout any issues. I pay Sky a fortune and have trouble watching anything away from my own house. 

I am trying to watch the premier league football and keep getting the error:

"To watch this content, please upgrade your subscription"

I have sky sports as part of my package. 

The boxing is on later, I am away from home (but am in the UK). I have not been able to watch Skygo for months, I have reported the issue several times. Either get it working before the boxing tonight or I will cancel and get my TV by other means. I have had enough. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go Issue. (Why is skygo so bad!!!!!)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rocky123455 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by letsddp This message was authored by: letsddp

I've just come on here to complain and saw this thread.  Skygo is an absolute shocking application, i get the following problems all the time:-

1. Video quality is woeful. No its not my internet speed, I currently have 500mbps off Ookla speed test
  2. If you have multi-monitor the app starts but you cannot see it, You have to windows shortcut to maxmise it so it actually appears on a monitor somewhere
  3. After viewing a channel for say 20m you will get endless audio cut outs until the whole thing freezes and you have to restart the app
  4. Most times the app won't start correctly and you'll need a few reboots of your machine to get it working

Meanwhile over at BT Sport, ITV, BBC, Channel 4 or any other channel.....

1. Don't have to install an application

2. Just login via the browser and get high-quality streaming on any device

Yet I pay Sky a huge amount every month. If your IT team wants some help or real feedback just give me a call. 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 

Rocky123455
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rocky123455 This message was authored by: Rocky123455

I wonder how long this will take. I missed the boxing of course, because sky cant get their act together. Now I am awaiting a reply, but I don't have time to sit there and wait. 

Its no wonder people are getting illegal boxes and streams.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We have not received further response to the chat in 48 hours, hence we are closing this session now. If you still need help, please get back to us, so we can re-escalate this for you. Thank you.

Rocky123455
Topic Author

I replied, you didn't reply to me. I don't have all day to sit around waiting for you. 🤦‍♂️

so do I need to make another post. This is shocking.

Rocky123455
Topic Author

Restarted my sky q box now I am home from travelling for work. Sky go now seems to work.

1. Someone from could have suggested that.

2. If you're away and get this fault it means you can't use skyho until you get home and restart your box.

terrible from sky.

I am out of contract and Virgin Media have some great deals at the moment. Guess what I am going to do.........

This message was authored by skymobilevoicemai This message was authored by: skymobilevoicemai

its absolutely **bleep**.  Sky go website says 3 easy steps, haha, never starts, always says checking for updates. So delete the app, re-download, thought I would watch the Open on SKy until Footy starts, well 30 mins in still checking for **bleep**in updates.....absolute crock of **bleep** and I pay £140 a **bleep**in month. Footy kicks off on ITV in a few mins, downloaded ITV player in about 10 seconds and was good to go, no extra cost, same as BBCi, no extra cost and works like a dream. Iw ish the whole world would boycott sky for just a month, so they can understand how RIPPED OFF we feel by their extortionate prices and crock of **bleep** service.....any way back to the blue screen....checking for updates.........**bleep** off Sky.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion