Discussion topic: Sky Go PS5 Outdated

This message was authored by AlanM1958 This message was authored by: AlanM1958

Sky Go PS5 Outdated

I know this is a popular request and I’m wondering why it hasn’t been done yet.

I have the Sky Go app on my PS5, and the user interface is far too outdated. It is now 2023 and I still can’t wait live TV streams in HD or 4K!

Can or will this ever be updated? As it is a bit of joke. Especially when mobile app have HD streams

All Replies

This message was authored by Marshmandnb This message was authored by: Marshmandnb

Re: Sky Go PS5 Outdated

I would love to see a proper update to this app to bring it in line with the main Sky services.

I, like many many others I know, use a games console as THE primary set-top box in the lounge. The Sky Go app is by far the worst of all the streaming apps on PS5, mainly because of the low resolution (720p i think!) and lack of HDR. 

Sky, please bring the PS5 app into 2023, it is stuck in 2016.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @AlanM1958 and @Marshmandnb 

We will be updating the PS5 app later on today with an updated fresh look as the App transitions to become Sky Go.  The app will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One X/S in the coming months.

For more information, keep an eye on our News at the top of the page and on this link.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Marshmandnb This message was authored by: Marshmandnb

Huge news thanks for the update kev.

Looking forward to testing this out.

Will it support 4K or is this just a UI refresh for now?

This message was authored by sooozzziii This message was authored by: sooozzziii

It doesn't work. I sign in and it says "you need sky multiroom or sky go extra" 

It worked yesterday  

I can't even sign in to the new app, I'm certain my username/password combo is correct but it's not authenticating me with my username or email.

This message was authored by Frozzie This message was authored by: Frozzie

I'm the same as above. Can no longer login since updating saying I need sky go extra which I have. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc and have removed old ps5 device as a last resort to "make room" but nothing works. Now have just 4 registered devices of the available 6. Spoke to sky customer service but they said they need to wait on Sony fixing it which seems a bit ridiculous. Don't do the update if you want to continue watching on ps5

This message was authored by Rob--M-- This message was authored by: Rob--M--

They've told me on twitter I could only access it before today on my ps5 due to an error and now I need to get Sky go extra or multiroom. I thought I already had Sky go Extra but seemingly not... 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rob--M-- 

If you have had Sky Go Extra on your account then it will show on your billing page so it might be worth looking back through them:

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by sooozzziii This message was authored by: sooozzziii

Thanks, I used to have multiroom but there's no sign of Sky Go Extra. 

You can get Sky Go Extra free as a multiscreen customer @sooozzziii so if you cancelled multiscreen then Sky Go Extra would have been removed as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Bonz7155 This message was authored by: Bonz7155

Sky go app on PS5 worked fine yesterday, now after update it is telling me I need Sky Glass, Q, whole home and god know what else.. haven't made any changes to my account.  Is this a fault in the app? 

@Bonz7155 

Are you a Sky Q or Sky Glass customer ?

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

As @caesarome  has mentioned, in order to use the service you need Sky Go Extra, Multi-screen or the Whole Home subscription.

If you do have the above subscriptions, can you let us know and we will invite you to chat with our Community Messaging team privately, to run through some checks.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by maureen+speed This message was authored by: maureen+speed

Updated the app and now It's not letting me sign in . On the screen it's saying I need sky glass etc . When is this going to get fixed . Thank you . 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion