Discussion topic: Sky Go PS5 Outdated

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go PS5 Outdated

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@maureen+speed 

Are you a Sky Glass customer because of you are then you do need the Whole Home package.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Trendydad88 This message was authored by: Trendydad88

I have had the same problem. Currently a sky+ customer with sky go extra all set up as fa4 as I know. Sky Go on IPad works fine still so this is an issue on ps5.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Trendydad88 

Thanks for using the Sky Community.

I've escalated your post to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.

For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent Trendydad88 an invite to chat 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @Trendydad88 and there was no Sky Go Extra on the on the account, issue resolved by adding the Sky VIP Sky Go extra.

Thanks again for the escalation have a great day 🙂

This message was authored by Lee2109 This message was authored by: Lee2109

Is there a reason why I can't sign in to sky go on a ps5 but it still works on phone and iPad?

@Lee2109 

What is happening when you try to sign in on your console ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Lee2109 This message was authored by: Lee2109

It says I need sky glass sky go extra etc 

If you are a Sky Glass costumer then you need both the Whole Home package and Sky GovExtra. You do not need these for your phone and iPad.

This message was authored by Dover8 This message was authored by: Dover8

Is this a change of terms? If so why have they now decided to put this blocker on using the Sky app on PS5?

No blocker has been put on the app @Dover8 so if you are a Sky Glass customer as well then it appears you have been fortunate to have been able to the use without the correct packages on your account.

This message was authored by Norman5505 This message was authored by: Norman5505

Instead of making a new topic, I've got the same issue with the PS5 app with it not working, asking for Sky Go Extra.  I don't think we have Sky Go Extra on the account (Sky+) but I was wondering if I can get the Sky VIP reward as I remember it being an option at one point but when I tried the My Sky app on my phone today, it's not there now as an option reward and I've noticed people in here were able to get it added so I might as well try.

Thanks for any help

If Sky Go Extra doesn't show as a reward @Norman5505 then give Sky a call as they can add it for you and they will find the best way for it to be added to your account.

This message was authored by Norman5505 This message was authored by: Norman5505

Is there any way I can do this online? I tried using the app as I mentioned and Sky's website for my account but there isn't anything

not particularly a fan of phones and it looks like there is a lot of different phone numbers for Sky so you'll probably be passed about rather than getting the right department.  I'd rather speak to someone on an online chat than spend 20 minutes listening to music

@Norman5505 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion