Discussion topic: Sky Go PS5 Outdated

This message was authored by SteRob87 This message was authored by: SteRob87

Re: Sky Go PS5 Outdated

I'm getting the same message "I need sky go extra" when trying to log into my PS5, worked fine before the update. 

I recently changed from Sky+HD to Stream and was told I could still use my PS5 in the other room so that's why I didn't take out your Home Multiroom thing for £12pm with a free puck. Now a week later you update the app and we need to shell out another £12pm ontop of what we already pay in these hard times... Nice 1. 

I am pretty sure I already had Sky Go Extra, might have to have a think about whether to cancel all this now as I'm still in my cooling of period, the price is just getting out of control. 

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Sky Stream + Whole Home (2 Pucks)
Sony KD-55XF9005
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You might already have Sky Go Extra but with Sky Stream you also need the Whole Home package.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SkyPeach33 This message was authored by: SkyPeach33

But the problem is I have been using Sky Go alongside my Sky Glass for 18 months on my PS5 with no problems until they updated the app and now it suddenly won't work. I'm not going to pay an extra £12 per month for something that should (and has) come as standard for so long. I'll have to speak to Sky directly to get this sorted it seems. 

It appears that with this latest app Sky are cracking down on accounts that haven't got the correct services on their accounts as is the case here with you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by sholva This message was authored by: sholva

So first, after I have had to pay for multiroom for months after I've moved and returned the mini box, now I can't watch the services I pay for on devices I already own like my PS5 since the update, and PS4. Plus all my devices but 2 have now disappeared from my device list. I've tried to find sky go extra to no avail, all the links deadend. And when I changed my contract around a month ago I asked that I still have sky go. I guess they took that to be the standard service, not sure why they would think I would ask about the default, but now not be able to use it on the many devices I have, I may have a tech problem. But why exactly are sky rolling back access on devices that worked before the update? I'm beginning to get very annoyed with companies taking away services and features we have one day and not the next. I likely wouldn't have selected the sky package I'm now locked into if I'd known this was going to be taken away.

To be able to use the app on a PS4 or PS5 you have always needed Multiscreen and Sky Go Extra. For the later it might be possible to get it added for free via Sky VIP so have you looked into this ?

Another thing that annoys. Having to apply for things that should just be part of your account when your a 20+ year VIP. I'll try and see what I can find out. I'm sure that won't be easy either. I don't know who they pay to design their interface, but they need someone better who actually checks the links go somewhere useful.

I cannot find anything about sky go extra as a vip customer or even a way to purchase sky go extra. Anyone got a link that works to get my PS5 and other consoles back up running it had any luck themselves?

@sholva 

Give Sky a call as they can add it for you.

This message was authored by PR87 This message was authored by: PR87

Afternoon,

I am getting the 'you'll need a Sky Q multiscreen, sky glass whole home or sky go extra subscription' issue/error. Contact has already been made via phone and the handler said it should work as I now only have 2 devices set up on sky go. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks.

This message was authored by SteRob87 This message was authored by: SteRob87

I had the same, due to the new update on the PS5 app (from TV on Sky to Sky Go) that happened a week or so ago you now need a multiroom subscription to use the PS5 as a Go device. I had to subscribe to Whole Home on my Stream to use the PS5 as a Go device, even if you have Go Extra you still need to pay a multiroom subscription. 

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Sky Stream + Whole Home (2 Pucks)
Sony KD-55XF9005

@PR87 

Are you a Sky Q or Sky Glass customer and do you have a multiscreen sub if with Sky Q ir the Whole Home one is with Sky Glass. You also need Sky Go Extra on your account.

Actually just sorted my sky go extra, as a VIP I get the £5 charge removed. But you have to speak with an adviser on the phone to get it as there is no way that I could find to activate it or even pay for it online or in the app. Anyway, it will work on consoles again but limited to 2 streaming devices at a time. Which is disappointing as that use to be a feature of extra being more devices at the same time. Now it's just being able to use it on devices you already have.

Has to be multiscreen or sky glass/stream for 4 concurrent devices. It's such a shame to see companies rolling back features that people are use to and putting them behind a paywall. But I'm stuck with it for another 17 months. Should have just cancelled it all and used streaming services without contracts as and when I wanted to watch something they had on demand.

It may take up to  24hours for it to work so you'll have to see if it's up and running after that time before calling them again.

This message was authored by UserTB This message was authored by: UserTB

PS5 won't login as everytime there is an error message since updated. We have tried hotspot and WiFi login. We have sky go extra?

@UserTB 

What is the error message you are seeing ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion