Discussion topic: Sky Go PS5 Outdated

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sky Go PS5 Outdated

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
Use the following link for contacting Sky: CONTACT

There is also Sky's How can we help? page
(make sure the correct country is selected at the bottom of the page)
This message was authored by Dover8 This message was authored by: Dover8

The problem is that the PS5 (and Xbox has now also updated and locked users out) apps previously worked perfectly fine with without the Sky Go Extra. This is Sky forcing an upsell on people to use the same service we've been using for years. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

As explained previously due to a fault with the previous versions of the app it wasn't working correctly with regards to what subscriptions people had on their accounts so while you have always needed Multiscreen/Sky Go Extra due to this issue many people such as yourself have been able to use it without either of these on your account, now this latest version is checking what you have so you will need to contact Sky to get Sky Go Extra added to your account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by OneOfThePeople This message was authored by: OneOfThePeople

Anyone have issues with the picture quality?

I feel it's really pixelated and poor quality

This message was authored by Roller1 This message was authored by: Roller1

Re: Sky Go PS5

Hi I've tried logging in on my PS5 but saying I can't use this device yet, that I need a sky go extra subscription. I've been able to use on my laptop etc can this be escalated for my PS5?

This message was authored by OneOfThePeople This message was authored by: OneOfThePeople

Sky go subscription can be accessed through Sky VIP I think worst case you can get it through the app

All you need to do is add it or once you find your current devices remove one then add your PS5

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go PS5

@Roller1 wrote:

Hi I've tried logging in on my PS5 but saying I can't use this device yet, that I need a sky go extra subscription. I've been able to use on my laptop etc can this be escalated for my PS5?

@Roller1 

You don't need Sky Go Extra to use the app on your laptop but if you are a Sky+ or Sky Q customer then you do to use the app on your console as per this:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Sky-Go-not-working-on-your-console-Xbox-PS4-5-etc/m-p/43118...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion