Discussion topic: Sky Go desktop not working (including beta trail) - error 001

This message was authored by Swinster This message was authored by: Swinster

Sky Go desktop not working (including beta trail) - error 001

Hi,

I have decided to post a separate thread even though there are many other threads out there that relate to the Sky Go desktop app issue.

FWIW, I have had problems on and off with the Sky GO app for many years across many different devices. The Sky Go app that I am currently having issues with was working a month or so ago but now shows an error - "We are having problems trying to connect you. Please try again (001). "

The application has been fully uninstalled and both the GA version and trial versions (as outlined here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Join-the-Latest-Sky-Go-Trial-for-PC-Windows-and-Mac/td-p/40...) have been tried with no rectification of the issue. DNS and firewall are fine, or at least should be. 

Other suggestions are welcome. 

All Replies

Swinster
Topic Author

Re: Sky Go desktop not working (including beta trail) - error 001

Can I assume that due to the lack of response from anyone Sky-related, this is totally screwed and will never work!?!

Swinster
Topic Author

Unfortunately, Sky offers zero support or customer service for its product. After attempting to gain support for this issue through multiple channels on this forum, I am still in the same position a month later with not one comment from Sky. After sitting in the car yesterday, in the middle of town, being unable to view any on the phone due to lack of 4G coverage (a completely different Sky-related issue), I'm getting to the point where I think I should junk Sky and all of its services for something else. My yearly spending on Sky services is eye-watering, and the customer service is unacceptable, IMHO. 

This message was authored by Helen+loves+dogs This message was authored by: Helen+loves+dogs

I have found it impossible to log in to Sky Go and get the same error you've mentioned. The Chat Bot just sent me through to this user forum. feels like they can't be bothered to help!

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Helen+loves+dogs 

Welcome to the Community 😀

I've escalated your post to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.

For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Swinster 

Thanks for using the Sky Community.

I've escalated your post to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.

For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent Helen+loves+dogs an invite to chat 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Swinster
Topic Author

Thanks, @KevNewMedia  - Email has been poorly over the past few days, but thank you for doing this. Will look forward to my chat bubble 🙂

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us Helen+loves+dogs. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂   

Thanks

This message was authored by Helen+loves+dogs This message was authored by: Helen+loves+dogs

I did reply via the chat link but it was outside your hours so there was no response

Posted by a Sky employee

We responded the next morning at 08:04am. But since then we had no response. 

Would you like me to escalate this again?

Thanks

Swinster
Topic Author

@Lisa-P1987 , any chance of some escalation for me as well please (the OP)?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Your previous posts were escalated so not sure if you were contacted on not but I have alerted the messaging team again for you anyway.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We did previously invite but had no response and due to a system update we were unable to send out public responses for 24 hours. We have sent Swinster another invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Swinster
Topic Author

Thanks @caesarome . 

@Lisa-P1987 , thanks, although I never saw a note above to say that I had been contacted (only @Helen+loves+dogs ), nor did I get a notification or see a chat window. Hopefully, this will be resolved now. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion