Discussion topic: Sky Go desktop not working (including beta trail) - error 001

Swinster
Topic Author
This message was authored by Swinster This message was authored by: Swinster

Re: Sky Go desktop not working (including beta trail) - error 001

Arggghh @Lisa-P1987 , is there a better way to conduct these support issues? As this chat is asynchronous, there is no notification when there is an respose. It is a terrible support format. 

The chat bubble has now disappeared - what do I do next?

Swinster
Topic Author

@Lisa-P1987 this out-of-band support chat is not functional. Please send me a PM so we can resolve this issue. Cheers. 

Swinster
Topic Author

@Lisa-P1987 , is it possible to get an update, please?

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Swinster  if the chat facility does not work for you, you will need to call in. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Swinster
Topic Author

Thanks, @Lisa-P1987 , albeit that, too, is a bit of a pain. I prefer an asynchronous support channel, but one in which you are notified of an update (a bit like your post to this thread!).  No notification of an update, then closure of the incident in 24 hours, is pretty dismal; I'm sure you would agree.

The start of this thread, plus posts in other threads, dates back to mid-November, so coming up to two months of waiting. and of the two people that have posted to this specific thread about this issue, we have failed to continue with the support mechanism you have in place. Do you not have any helpdesk software? If not, please repeat the previous attempt but ensure you post to this thread or PM me so that I am notified. It's only helpful customer support, after all.  

Cheers

Swinster
Topic Author

@Lisa-P1987 - are there any updates here? 

This message was authored by dSix This message was authored by: dSix

Not quite the same issue as you @Swinster but I've been hitting a PFE 4002 error on a Windows 10 PC recently, no problems at all on a couple of other devices (including another Windows 10 PC). I've repeatedly been through the magic loop of uninstalling Sky Go / deleting AppData/LocalLow/Synamedia and cleaning up the registry with CCleaner but no dice.

Several failing incantations later, I found this post:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/SKY-GO-DESKTOP-on-Windows-10-constant-error-PFE-4002-then-q...

Starting the app through Task Manager took me straight to the cookie policy screen and then to the login screen. No idea why that's different to right clicking the shortcut and setting "Run this program as an administrator" but it seems to work consistently. If I start Sky Go through the shortcut, I always get PFE 4002. If I start it through Task Manager, it logs me in.

Maybe something else to try if you haven't already?

Swinster
Topic Author

@dSix make thanks for taking the time to reply but unfortunately, this doesn't resolve the issue for me. I can only wish that I had a reply from Sky.

@Lisa-P1987 we are now into the third month since this request was made and the has been no progress. Can you please provide me with an update? I am getting to the point where I feel it would be in my interest to switch my services to other providers. Afer 11 years as a loyal SKy customer, and around £200 per moth spend across multiple Sky service and households, I feel that there would be better opportunities, with better customer service, elsewhere. 

Swinster
Topic Author

Any updates @Lisa-P1987 ?

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there Swinster. There won't be any updates as you have not engaged with our chat requests we send. 

You've previously mentioned the chat option does not work for you and we suggested calling in. 

We can't investigate something when we don't have all the information we require, so there is nothing really happening on your specific case. 

If you want us to investigate, we would need to go ahead and have a chat and get all the info to be sent off after the initial troubleshooting. 

If you are happy to and have the time to have a chat with us then we can certainly invite you, or one of the Oracles can escalate your post if we don't.  

Please let us know what you wish to do so we can take the necessary actions 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Swinster
Topic Author

This is pretty much what I have been asking for the past three months. The chat mechanism is pretty poor, but if that is all there is, that's all there is. All I ask is that I get informed of messages as you post them. Otherwise, it is challenging to track.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can get an alert via your account settings here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:private-messenger

And make sure email alerts are turned on:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notification-settings

So do you want your post escalating ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Swinster
Topic Author

Indeed, thanks, @caesarome , these are setup. The problem with the "chat" is the message does not create an event, so the author will need to also post a PM to this channel. If they do that, then, we get an update. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Your post has been escalated but even if you don't get the notification you want when they respond to it, all you need to do is to log back on here say once or twice a day.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent another invite to chat 🙂 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion