Discussion topic: Sky Go desktop not working (including beta trail) - error 001

Swinster
Topic Author
This message was authored by Swinster This message was authored by: Swinster

Re: Sky Go desktop not working (including beta trail) - error 001

@Lisa-P1987 , @Greenfingers001 , or whomever actually manages support issues for Sky (i dont think this is @caesarome , but will tag them just in case), can you PLEASE read and understand my requests made throughout this thread, and PLEASE update me when you update a chat message? You have multiple possible ways to achieve this, either by email, text, PM, or even a public post to this thread, but the fact that there seems to be no mechanism to inform a customer that a chat message has been responded to, is begining to irk. Is it possible the somene in Sky customer care/support could be directed to this thread and then reach out to me personally so that we may discuss these issues.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, we cannot send a text or email as we don't have access to your account since we have not yet been through security. It is also not something we would do every time we respond on the chat.

We have previously discussed on this thread, that this chat facility is perhaps not the best for your specific needs, so calling our team or using the other social media chats, facebook/twitter/instagram, might be a better fit for you. 

I am sending this message, to advise that I have responded to your message on our chat, but we won't continue to do this going forward. The chat is set up so that customers can go about their life and respond as and when they have time. It is not an instant or live chat and there is no pressure on our customers to respond to us immediately. 

I'm sorry it doesn't suit your needs, so again, it might be better for you to call our team to get a more tailored experience. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Swinster
Topic Author

Thanks @Lisa-P1987 . I have raised a complaint with Sky in the hopes that someone will understand that this is not functioning.  As you mention. I want to go about with my life, and I do not want to spend time on a fruitless call, so an asynchronous chat is by far the best option, but in order for that to work, we as customers need to know you have responded. 

Thanks for letting me know you have responded this time, perhaps you (or the support desk employee) could do the same via PM going forward. I'm sure you can see this is about help you help us and should not be dismissed so lightly. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you still getting the 001 error @Swinster , if so what happens if you temporary disable any firewall you are using does it then work ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Swinster
Topic Author

Hi @caesarome ,

Thanks for you continuing support.

Yes, the issue persists. The issue affects one specific windows 11 machine and Disabling the local firewall make no difference.  I tried all of this back in November,  and multiple times since, but unfortunately,  it does not make a difference.  Other devices on the same network do work. 

I'm using Windows 10 myself so can't really suggest anything more other than to perhaps send an email to the apps team at Sky about this - apps@sky.uk

Give them as much detail as you can about the error and what you have tried so far.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Swinster
Topic Author

Aha, an email channel. This is most helpfull. Many, many thanks @caesarome . I appreciate your support here, it has been exemplary. 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now due to no further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

Swinster
Topic Author

Please didn't @Addie15 - as I didn't have a notification, I was unable to respond in time - please reopen. 

Swinster
Topic Author

Urgh - you already have - this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys must be better with your customers

@Swinster 

I have alerted Sky again for you.

Swinster
Topic Author

Awesome, thanks, @caesarome . At least someone is listening.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are sending a new invite to Swinster.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - This has been raised with the apps development team who have accepted the case and advised it will be resolved with a future app update but at present we don't have a timescale on when this will be released.

Swinster
Topic Author

Thanks @Mr+Flibbles+86. Its taken three months+ to get here, but I guess it's a step in the right direction. I'm not entirely sure what they can do without logs or an end case to test against, but I will defer to them.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion