Discussion topic: Sky Go devices

This message was authored by J.Ames91 This message was authored by: J.Ames91

Sky Go devices

I am having major trouble removing a device from my sky go devices. I have had a big falling out with a friend and don't want them to have access to smy sky go. I have changed my password twice and removed the device (Playstation) more times than I can remember but they still manage to gain access. Can anyone help. How do I block them? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Barry+25 This message was authored by: Barry+25

Re: Sky Go devices

Hello if you tick remove device on sky go then remove customisation then they need a new key ie password to log in but if you changed password they won't be be able to. 

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Barry+25 wrote:

Hello if you tick remove device on sky go then remove customisation then they need a new key ie password to log in but if you changed password they won't be be able to. 

That's as clear as mud - fancy re-typing that for the OP?

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@J.Ames91 

Doing this will kick them off:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

Then go to this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/authorise/manage

If you tick "Sky Apps" and then the remove button, then anyone using SkyGo or SkyNews or SkySports apps etc. using your credentials will have the previous auth token removed and will be forced to sign in again (using the new password only you know). Will mean people you want to use your ID will need to do the same, but will force whoever is using your previous details off, this might not stop them straight away but it will over a day or so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
J.Ames91
Topic Author

We have tried this several times but the person is still able to access. Any ideas ??

I'm stumped because it should kick them off after 24 hours or so if you have followed the instructions correctly so especially the second part about selecting apps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by popacatapetal This message was authored by: popacatapetal

You could check if you have any rogue "Additional Users" set up on your account. Remove them in account settings.

Something like this was mentioned a year ago or so regarding sky users in a student house and the fact that additional users can still change sky account settings.

@popacatapetal 

Just removing them doesn't prevent them from still using Sky Go which is why you have to also take the extra steps I mentioned above in my earlier post,

J.Ames91
Topic Author

Unfortunately the issue is still persisting. Ive tried everything you have suggested Any further ideas ?

This message was authored by Adam9138 This message was authored by: Adam9138

Im having the same issue and they still kepe usong the sky go and when spoken to the sky team on the phone it made no difference at all.. ive done all steps provided by sky and seen on internet and still on my account using my sky go, any help anyone??

@Adam9138 

Did you do this:

First change your password:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

Then go to this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/authorise/manage

If you tick "Sky Apps" and then the remove button, then anyone using SkyGo or SkyNews or SkySports apps etc. using your credentials will have the previous auth token removed and will be forced to sign in again (using the new password only you know). Will mean people you want to use your ID will need to do the same, but will force whoever is using your previous details off, this might not stop them straight away but it will over a day or so.

Yes done that still same issues @caesarome 

This message was authored by Jade.97 This message was authored by: Jade.97

The only thing that worked for us was to change the email address that's on our sky account. We changed from mine to my wife's. Changed the password again and so far it's been a success. 

This message was authored by Jade.97 This message was authored by: Jade.97

Spoiler
Just to emphasise the point. My username is now Jade.97 where I used to be J.Ames91

I tried changing email but it jept saying error

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion