Discussion topic: Sky Go error message - "something went wrong, because of a technical issue...."

This message was authored by JamesM4319 This message was authored by: JamesM4319

Sky Go error message - "something went wrong, because of a technical issue...."

Hello, im teying to get Sky Go set up to use on my iphone but everytime i go to log in it comes up with an error message 'something went wrong, because of a technical issue, you cannot watch this channel. Please try again later' I have looked at the other topics on here about the same thing but nothing that's been suggested has help. 

Moderator Note: Amended title to better reflect query

All Replies

This message was authored by Darren_Aggett This message was authored by: Darren_Aggett

Re: Sky Go error message

Ive got the same issue, please can somebody from sky look into it

This message was authored by RichardUK01 This message was authored by: RichardUK01

Yes I have the same issue as well

This message was authored by KentCCC This message was authored by: KentCCC

Does it quote "Error 2001" ? I am getting that 95% of the time I try to watch stuff, starting yesterday 😞

This message was authored by RichardUK01 This message was authored by: RichardUK01

Mine just says, Sorry, something went wrong.  Because of a technical issue, you cannot watch this channel.  Please try again later.. OK

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RichardUK01 

Try signing out of the app then reboot your device and the sign back into the app.

If that doesn't work then try linking your Sky ID to your account, help on doing this can be found here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-id-cant-access-all-my-services

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
JamesM4319
Topic Author
This message was authored by JamesM4319 This message was authored by: JamesM4319

I've tried both of them and it still does Nothing sadly.

This is probably a long shot but does your password contain anything that isn't a letter or a number ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

My Password has some - in it? When I tried to log in to Sky Go, on the Apple TV, the app logged me in, but when I tried to click on the Play button nothing happened.  When I try to log in to the App on the iPad or iPhone I get the message I cannot watch the channel

JamesM4319
Topic Author

Yes it does

See if changing your password so it only has letters and numbers works. You can do that here:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

JamesM4319
Topic Author

Hello, I've just changed it and still get the error on sky go app

Changed my Password to letters and numbers no spaces or weird characters, only has a combination of uppercase and lowercase and still get the same issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion