Discussion topic: Sky Go not opening on Android (Error 20190000)

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Sky Go not opening on Android (Error 20190000)

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone

Our development teams have been investigating reports of the ‘error 20190000’ issue and from this, they have implemented some changes in the app and would like to get your feedback on if this has altered the way Sky Go works for you. This change has been added to the Beta version of Sky Go which is available now in the Google Play Store.

There are two ways in which you can download this version. By clicking this link or opening the Google Play Store and searching for Sky Go on your Android phone.

You will also need to make sure the option to ‘Join the beta’ is selected on the Sky Go page in the Google Play Store.

Once ‘join the beta’ has been activated (it can take several hours for this to be processed by Google), the update will be available to you. The settings menu in Sky Go will now show the version as 22.10.1

Please let us know below how you get on with this and if the app works improperly, pop your device details below and our teams will continue to investigate.

EDIT:

If you are still seeing this error, can you provide this information for us please?

What make and model of phone are you using? (Settings on your phone > about phone)

What is the Android version? (Settings on your phone > about phone)

What is the Sky Go version showing? (With the app open > select the cog and scroll to the bottom)

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Margarett2 This message was authored by: Margarett2

Cleared data and cache from old version and uninstalled. Installed new beta version but still getting the same error message

This message was authored by helpful45 This message was authored by: helpful45

Nope, Beta still doesn't work on a Huawei

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Margarett2  @helpful45 

Thanks for trying this.

Can you provide some more information for us please?

@Margarett2  

What make and model of phone are you using? (Settings on your phone > about phone)

What is the Sky Go version showing? (With the app open > select the cog and scroll to the bottom)

@helpful45  

What model of phone are you using? (Settings on your phone > about phone)

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Huawei p30; Android 10; the app doesnt open to show the cog but the google play store says 22.10.1

OK, so I redownloaded, cleared the cache and can now see whats on and use the app, but when I click play I am now getting the following message."There has been a problem connecting to the Sky Go network. Please try again later. If you keep seeing this error please contact customer services. Error Code:0-01"

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think that is a wrong subscription error message @helpful45 so can you try watch live tv from channel 107 ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Margarett2 This message was authored by: Margarett2

Hi, I have repeated the uninstalling of the app and reinstalling it. I can now confirm that the app is working on my phone and tablet. I don't think I had waited long enough for the beta version to in stall correctly. Thank you

This message was authored by TomThumb5ive This message was authored by: TomThumb5ive

@KevNewMedia  I can confirm that sky go 22.10.1  is now working on a Samsung galaxy tab 8,

The daughter has a Q mini in her bedroom, so doesn't use the sky go app that often, 

she doesn't know when the app actually stopped working but she was getting the '20190000error'.  tonight..

An error / a quick Google / this thread / a beta release / a fix /  all just dropped at the right time tonight for me.👍

For info:

No issues whatsoever on my Samsung Galaxy S20 / 22.8.1

Sky go device manager shows my S20 as a listed device.

but not showing the  tab 8 (previously used with sky go) or on the beta 22.10.1

Tom...

Sky want us to believe in better
BELIEVE =accept that (something) is true, especially without proof.
BETTER = of a higher standard, or more suitable, pleasing, or effective than other things or people:

Sky Q & 2 mini’s
SR203 router. > Replaced with ASUS XT9’s with a TP-Link TD-W9970 modem
Sky superfast 80/20 :sort of, 63-75/15. Devolo 1200 wifi > Replaced with cat 6
Sony KDAF8 65 oled.
This message was authored by davads This message was authored by: davads

@KevNewMediathe latest app update has worked for me and I can now use Sky Go. I've signed up for beta as advised.

Samsung Galaxy S10 and Android version 12 if that helps the research.

This message was authored by J1961 This message was authored by: J1961

Re: Sky go app not working on fire tablet

I have the same error code on my Samsung tablet. I've uninstalled then re installed and nothing has changed 

@J1961 

Have you reinstalled with the Beta version 22.10.1 from the Google Play Store. It takes some time to change to the Beta version. I got it wrong first time but now both my phone and tablet are working fine. 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: Sky go app not working on fire tablet

Posted by a Sky employee

@J1961 wrote:

I have the same error code on my Samsung tablet. I've uninstalled then re installed and nothing has changed 

Hi @J1961 

Welcome to the Sky Community.

Have you joined the open beta on Google Play?

What version of Sky Go are you running?

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Jagosmum This message was authored by: Jagosmum

The Beta update has worked on my Galaxy S21 - thank you

This message was authored by Gilbertkelly1 This message was authored by: Gilbertkelly1

Iam still getting error code [-20190000] my make of phone is Samsung galaxy A71

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion