Discussion topic: Sky Go not working on my Mac.... using mac OS Ventura

This message was authored by BazzerUK This message was authored by: BazzerUK

Re: Sky Go not working on my Mac.... using mac OS Ventura

Good news - can you explain that to me please - I will try it on my profile Thanks

brh
This message was authored by RM9 This message was authored by: RM9

After trying absolutely everything to get Sky Go on my new Mac (Ventura), I had almost given up. After first setting up my new computer, I tried to open Sky Go, which asked me to accept Rosetta. I did. But after that, I encountered the same issues as everyone else including the dreaded" Error 001, we cant connect you message". After that I located the Sky Go App in Finder and the Sky Installer in Downloads, deleted them and emptied the bin. Restarted. Then intsalled again from the Sky website. Still error 001. 

I followed another suggestion of another usesr and created the Guest user profile . When I tried Sky Go there it worked. But I wanted it in my profile. Someone else mentioned that simply deleting the Sky Go App and Installer wasnt enough and there were several small floating files that needed to be deleted as well. 

I then found your tidy instructions, which I followed exactly . The only slightly unclear bit was when I cut and paste the instruction you said in Step 2, it didnt have the word Sky after the / So I typed Sky after that and  pressed enter. I expected to see a simple Sky Go folder . Instead I was in a screen full of tiny files and 2 folders. I looked up and saw that the sub heading was Sky Go. So I selecetd all the files and sent them all to the Bin. Then I emptied the bin as you said and rebooted the computer.

I then downloaded and installed the Sky Go app from the Sky website and Hurray! I now have Sky Go working. Thank you so much. I am literally a technology nobody. I know nothing 🙂 But I followed your instructions perfectly.

This message was authored by Richmond1 This message was authored by: Richmond1

Brilliant - that work perfectly !

This message was authored by Reden This message was authored by: Reden

I then found your tidy instructions, which I followed exactly . The only slightly unclear bit was when I cut and paste the instruction you said in Step 2, it didnt have the word Sky after the / So I typed Sky after that and  pressed enter. I expected to see a simple Sky Go folder . Instead I was in a screen full of tiny files and 2 folders. I looked up and saw that the sub heading was Sky Go. So I selecetd all the files and sent them all to the Bin. Then I emptied the bin as you said and rebooted the computer.

Hi @RM9, I have tried to sign in to my Sky Go on a new Ventura MBP 2.0 Pro an dno surprise it doesnt work... I wonder where I can find the step by step solution to get this working. Thanks in advance of your reply...All the best Russell👍🏻

This message was authored by RM9 This message was authored by: RM9

After trying absolutely everything to get Sky Go on my new Mac (Ventura), I had almost given up. After first setting up my new computer, I tried to open Sky Go, which asked me to accept Rosetta. I did. But after that, I encountered the same issues as everyone else including the dreaded" Error 001, we cant connect you message". After that I located the Sky Go App in Finder and the Sky Installer in Downloads, deleted them and emptied the bin. Restarted. Then installed again from the Sky website. Still error 001. 

I followed another suggestion of another user and created the Guest user profile . When I tried Sky Go there it worked. But I wanted it in my profile. Someone else mentioned that simply deleting the Sky Go App and Installer wasn’t enough and there were several small floating files that needed to be deleted as well. 

I then found these tidy instructions from Kev on page 1 , which I’m copying here. I followed it exactly .

Uninstall the app  

1. Launch the Finder, go to the Downloads folder and delete ‘SkyGoInstaller.’  
  2. In Finder, go to the Applications folder and delete Sky Go app  

(Just doing the above is not enough, so go to the next step)

Remove Sky Go files  

1. In the Finder select Go to folder ... from the Go menu (or press c).  
  2. A dialog box should appear. Now copy and paste the following text into the box and press the return key: ~/Library/Application Support/  
  3. Select the Sky Go folder and delete it  
  4. Empty Recycling Bin  
  5. Reboot the Mac

Download and reinstall Sky Go

*If your Mac requires it, please install the Rosetta App

Thanks

Kev

Community Moderator

The only slightly unclear bit was above in step 2 in the section to Remove Sky Go Files. When I cut and paste the instruction Kev said in Step 2, it didn’t have the word Sky after the / So I typed Sky after the / and  pressed enter. I expected to see a simple Sky Go folder . Instead I was in a screen full of tiny files and 2 folders. I looked up on the top of the screen and saw that the sub heading was Sky Go. So I selected all the files and sent them all to the Bin. Then I emptied the bin as you said and rebooted the computer.

I then downloaded and installed the Sky Go app from the Sky website and Hurray! I now have Sky Go working. I know nothing technology related but I followed Kev’s instructions step by step and I have Sky Go working now.

Hope it works for you!

This message was authored by:@KevNewMedia 

My MAC is MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Using macOS Big Sur, version 11.7.7

My problem is that this version will not accept Rosetta.

Sky always worked on my profile until an update stopped it

I have since added two other profiles, both of which accept Sky.

Should I try the steps you mentioned, even though I don't have Ventura?

Many thanks

brh
This message was authored by Reden This message was authored by: Reden

This worked perfectly thank you😀

Fantastic support!

brh
This message was authored by graemeprops This message was authored by: graemeprops

Genius, it worked after months of desperation......the first answer to mention how to fully delete every sky go file through the finder folder......thank you!!!!

This message was authored by designerlondon This message was authored by: designerlondon

This is doing nothing for me. I can connect to my Q box but that's it. Spinning circle and cannot see any channels or shows. Tried everything, Running Ventura 13.2 on 2023 16" MacBook Pro M2 Max 96GB / 2TB SSD

---------------------------------------
Sky Q since Feb 2018, 2TB Box (Community Fibre 1GBbps), Sky Full Package, UHD, 2 x Multiscreen, VIP, MacBook Pro M2 Max 16” / 96GB / 2TB SSD / Ventura 13.6.1, iMac 27” 4 GHz Quad-Core i7 / 32GB / 2TB fusion / 4GB AMD Radeon R9 M239X, Monterey 12.7, iPhone 13 Pro / 256GB / iOS 16,6.1, iPad Air 2, 1080p TVs only
This message was authored by RM1 This message was authored by: RM1

I can't get the Sky Go app installed on my MacBook.

OS Version: 13.5 Ventura

Macbook Version: 2017 - 2.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

I download the app from here: https://www.sky.com/watch/sky-go/macos

However, when I double click the SkyGoInstaller to install Sky Go, it looks like it's working as it should, but it then just bombs out with no error message or failure. The Sky Go app doesn't install in my applications and I've tried multiple times, removing skygoinstaller, emptying bin, restarting macbook etc.

Also tried opening skygoinstaller in applications folder to no avail. 

I don't get a prompt for Rossetta - which I think is ok as my macbook is using an Intel chip. 

Has anyone any idea how to get sky go installed on the above specs?

Thanks

This message was authored by designerlondon This message was authored by: designerlondon

I've given up on there being any solution 😞 I hope you find one 🙂

---------------------------------------
Sky Q since Feb 2018, 2TB Box (Community Fibre 1GBbps), Sky Full Package, UHD, 2 x Multiscreen, VIP, MacBook Pro M2 Max 16” / 96GB / 2TB SSD / Ventura 13.6.1, iMac 27” 4 GHz Quad-Core i7 / 32GB / 2TB fusion / 4GB AMD Radeon R9 M239X, Monterey 12.7, iPhone 13 Pro / 256GB / iOS 16,6.1, iPad Air 2, 1080p TVs only
This message was authored by Jack1402 This message was authored by: Jack1402

Hello,

I have same problem above as@Carlos+the+Mackem and @HM02CUE . I tried the steps you recommend but it still didn't work?

Anything else you recommend I try @KevNewMedia ?

Many thanks

I had to do it twice - didn't follow the procedure completely first time

Just try again - it certainly does work

Godd luck 

brh

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion