Discussion topic: Sky Go on Ipad - tv guide “cannot be displayed because channels are currently unavailable”

This message was authored by rheron This message was authored by: rheron

Sky Go on Ipad - tv guide “cannot be displayed because channels are currently unavailable”

Sky Go will not display the TV Guide - all I get is a message saying "TV Guide cannot be displayed because channels are currently unavailable. Please try again later"

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go on Ipad - tv guide “cannot be displayed because channels are currently unavailable”

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does it kick back into life if you reboot your iPad.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
rheron
Topic Author

Re: Sky Go on Ipad - tv guide “cannot be displayed because channels are currently unavailable”

Thanks - I have tried an ipad full reboot, but it makes no difference.

What I have found does make a diffference is if I use a VPN to access the internet.

If I use a VPN, I can see the TV Guide, but when I select Recordings I get a “Sky Box not found” message.

If I don’t use a VPN, I have my original problem that I cannot see the TV Guide - but I can see recorded programmes when I select “Recordings”

Very odd!!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried a reboot of your broadband router ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
rheron
Topic Author

Thanks again for your interest. Rebooting the router did not make any difference.

The issue is the same on both my ipads and also my iphone. 

But if I connect any of these via 4g, I get the same symptoms as when I go through a VPN service - TV guide is available but Recordings are not.

rheron
Topic Author

Since my last post I deleted the SkyGo app and all its data [setting/general/SkyGo/delete app and all related data] - and reinstalled the app. When I reinstalled the app I got a screen telling me that Sky Go would like to connect to devices on my local network (so that I can watch and download recordings). If I select ‘Don’t Allow’ TV Guide works fine (but there is of course no menu option  to access recordings). If I select ‘OK’, I get a screen telling me that a Sky Q box has been found, and showing a new ‘Recordings’ menu option at the end of the row at the bottom of the screen. But any time after that, if I select TV Guide, I get a screen saying ‘TV Guide could not be displayed because channels are currently unavailable’ and can never access TV Guide thereafter. So the problem seems to arise only if one chooses - when installing the app - to allow access to recordings.

rheron
Topic Author

Sorry - missed a step out of the delete app process - should be:

settings/general/ipad storage/SkyGo/delete app and all related data

rheron
Topic Author

....and you can turn access to devices on theblocal network on and off on the iPad through Settings/Sky Go.....

This seems to be only (very clunky) fix currently available.

This message was authored by PennyMB This message was authored by: PennyMB

I had the same issue, when you open settings wheel in sky go app on of the on off options at the top is 'connect to sky Q box' turn this off programmes reappear instantly 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion