Discussion topic: Sky go app will not let me login on the iPhone

This message was authored by Reddevil71 This message was authored by: Reddevil71

Sky go app will not let me login on the iPhone

Dear all

I don't understand how this issue hasn't been raised previously, if you log out of the Sky Go app, it is impossible to log back in, it says incorrect username and password, even though the username and the password is correct.

I have attempted to make simple passwords without symbols, I have deleted the app, nothing works.

Surely this is a fault? Any help would be much appreciated

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go app will not let me login on the iPhone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Reddevil71 

To see if they can help you with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Reddevil71  an invite to chat.

This message was authored by AaronDavidSpeer This message was authored by: AaronDavidSpeer

Hi there,

I am having similar problems.

A few days ago, my Sky Go app simply stopped letting me watch channels via the TV guide (which it had previously always done).

Today, I upgraded my phone from iPhone 12 Pro Max to iPhone 15 Pro Max. When trying to sign back in, using the correct username and password, it keeps bringing up a message saying, "Sorry, something went wrong", and sends me back to the sign in screen.

Nothing has changed to make this happen - broadband works, phone works, etc.

Is this issue happening to lots of people (as in, is it a fault with the app)?

Any support or advice or guidance would be most welcome.

Thank you,

Aaron

@AaronDavidSpeer 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by AaronDavidSpeer This message was authored by: AaronDavidSpeer

Thank you - I've now actually resolved the issue (needed to link to the Sky account).

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for the update @AaronDavidSpeer 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by PhilH2 This message was authored by: PhilH2

I have recently subscribed to Sky Stream however i cannot get Sky Go to work on either my Iphone or laptop.

On my phone when i try to log in i get the following message (after having correctly entered my user name and password)

"Sorry, something went wrong. Because of a technical issue, you cannot watch this channel. Please try again later" 

It then returns me to the log in screen. 

On my laptop, i can log in to Sky Go however i get a differnet message when i try to watch a channel. 

The error on my laptop says

"For your information. Sky Go is currently unavailable. Please try again later. Code: 1404"

I have of course tried this multiple times over todya and yesterday without any succes. 

I am starting to think i have made an error moving from NowTv to Sky Stream. The Now platform was faultless and so far superior. 

Lets see if we can get this resolved

thanks

@PhilH2 

Have you gone live with Sky Stream yet ?

This message was authored by PhilH2 This message was authored by: PhilH2

I am still waiting  to receive the puck but i was of the undersatnding that i am able to stream via Sky Go in the meantime. 
I have set all my account details etc. 
Since posting i have managed to stream some live content via the Sky Sports app
But dont seem to be able to cast from this? 

@PhilH2 wrote:

But dont seem to be able to cast from this? 

That is correct - you can't cast via the app.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion