Discussion topic: Sky go, channel 141, can only watch it on tv, not on laptop or tablet.

This message was authored by Florence004 This message was authored by: Florence004

Sky go, channel 141, can only watch it on tv, not on laptop or tablet.

Really annoyed, want to watch Man united cup game on sky 141, but on my laptop on sky go.  Says not available,  why not,  if its being shown on the tv?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go, channel 141, can only watch it on tv, not on laptop or tablet.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can only view the BBC channels if the app is connected to your Sky Q bix, otherwise you will need to watch the match via the BBC website.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Florence004
Topic Author
This message was authored by Florence004 This message was authored by: Florence004

I have sky q,  how do I know how to connect it, please.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Florence004 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-go-with-sky-q 

Note that this only works at the same address as the Q box, with both Q and the Sky Go device(s) on the same data network.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Florence004
Topic Author

Have spoken to sky this morning.  It appears that channel 141 on sky, bbc1 northern ireland, are not  able to stream certain programmes which explains why neither my laptop or tablet were picking anything up, especially the football I wanted desperately to watch.  So no way out of that one, unless using a vpn, which i am not sure about.  Thankyou for your thoughts.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Florence004 wrote:

It appears that channel 141 on sky, bbc1 northern ireland, are not  able to stream certain programmes

Are you in NI or RoI?  I'd think all BBC channels should have the same rights within the UK.

iPlayer may be a better bet than Sky Go for BBC content though.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion