Discussion topic: Skygo crashing on start up - MAC

This message was authored by RoryDD92 This message was authored by: RoryDD92

Skygo crashing on start up - MAC

I have recently had the issue of my skygo app crashing when trying to start it up. I have tried uninstalling and then re-downloading it but get the same problem everytime - says it is 'downloading skygo' on the thin installation bar, then starts up the main window saying 'downloading update' then closes. What is the best process to fix this? Has there been a recent update where people are having the same issue?

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Skygo crashing on start up - MAC

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi RoryDD92

I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by BigGeoff This message was authored by: BigGeoff

This is STILL a problem for me. Have to remove the app, clean the systems of filmes and then reinstall EVERY time I launch the Sky Go. It never used to be a problem until about 3 months ago.

What have you done to this app?!?!?!1

This message was authored by kskeeley This message was authored by: kskeeley

Same issue here, has been an issue for 2-3 years for Macbook (Air and Pro). I don't understand how such a large 'media' company with so many staff and so much revenue can be so poor technically poor. Sort it out Sky!

This message was authored by johncockrem This message was authored by: johncockrem

I have the same issue, continually keeps dowloading update, but will not work. I have tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, same problem.  Come on Sky this isn't what we pay you so much money for sort it out!

This message was authored by blablabla2 This message was authored by: blablabla2

I have the same problem. I get the installer, then it says it's downloading Skygo and updating but keeps crashing and the installer starts again. What is going on?

This message was authored by johncockrem This message was authored by: johncockrem

If I let it keep loading, it eventually loads after 10 or so attemptrs!  Then next time I go back to it, I have to start all over agian. A rubbish piece of software!

This message was authored by MacGuru This message was authored by: MacGuru

I am also having this exact same issue, can't use Sky Go at all, this is a problem, we need to be able to use this on our MAc, this is a recent issue and appears to be update related!

This message was authored by DLB7208 This message was authored by: DLB7208

I am also having this exact same issue, I haven't been able to use Sky Go in years on my Mac. Open App, 'downloading updates' and then crashes.

This message was authored by Jono+Willob This message was authored by: Jono+Willob

I am having the same issue. Has anyone found a solution? 

@Jono+Willob mine seems ok now. It resolved itself not sure how.  

This message was authored by Jono+Willob This message was authored by: Jono+Willob

Thanks for letting me know.

This message was authored by Bowsider This message was authored by: Bowsider

Did this issue get a resolution?

It's happening consistently with my macbook Air.  It's just another reason to scrap Sky - none of my mini boxes are working with my Qbox as I moved onto another ISP with fibre.  

This message was authored by Acewar This message was authored by: Acewar

Mine does the same thing on a MacBook Pro M2 silicone chip.

Spoke to a person at Sky and they said it's a known issue and have know idea when this wil be fixed. 

The version of sky go I got got from Sky's website is Version 1.1.0 and was last updated in 14th November 2022....... and it's now March 2023. The sky adviser also siad it's the same on a Chrome book. Just amazes me out of all the streaming apps SkyGo I have the probelms the most. I know they are also a broadcaster which gives them other issues over just a normal streaming services. 

But the size of Sky this should be better. 

If anyones finds a the answer to this so I can get this working again on my M2 silicone that would be great. 

Thank you. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion