Discussion topic: Virgin Channels make annoying popping sound on Sky Go (PS4)

This message was authored by SeanFreeman This message was authored by: SeanFreeman

Virgin Channels make annoying popping sound on Sky Go (PS4)

Hi,

I am a Sky Go user from Ireland. I noticed on any Virgin channel ~ Virgin Media 1 + 2 + 3 ~ , there is a strange reeling sound that comes in every 20 seconds or so. It's like a fast 'pop pop pop pop pop' that gets louder and fades out.

This doesn't happen on any other channel, I tried various different speakers and unistalled + reinstalled the Sky Go app on the PS4 and still the issue persists.

Does anyone else notice this or have this problem? Is it a Sky Go issue or a Virgin sound mastering issue?

Any insight is greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds Answer

Re: Virgin Channels make annoying popping sound on Sky Go (PS4)

Posted by a Sky employee

Hello all,

Our product lead has found a potential solution to this issue.

It seems that the issue occurs on the old "TV from Sky" app on PS4. However, we have developed a new Sky Go PS4 app which is currently undergoing trials. I would reccommend you sign up for the PS4 Sky Go trials and begin using the new app, but to note, it's still in its trial phase and may not be flawless, but if you encounter any issues, please let me know. 

The link to sign up to the trials is below: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Community/INVITE-Playstation-4-Sky-Go-Trial/ba-p/4335054

Many thanks,

Clare 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there SeanFreeman, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
SeanFreeman
Topic Author
This message was authored by SeanFreeman This message was authored by: SeanFreeman

I don't see the colorful bubble? It was there the first time but never again once I returned?

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @SeanFreeman, I've re-escalated this for you now. The team will send a chat bubble soon. 

Thanks 

Clareridds

Community Manager

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to SeanFreeman.

SeanFreeman
Topic Author

Pretty messy guys, surely an answer in this forum on this post would have been way quicker than me waiting on a message to never arrive ....

This message was authored by derekob1973 This message was authored by: derekob1973

noticed this annoying issue aswell and i cant watch the channel with the noise, needs to be fixed asap

SeanFreeman
Topic Author

Oh good I'm not the only one! What device do you use Sky Go on? 

I can't tell if the problem is Sky, or Virgin

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @SeanFreeman,

Because the issue may be isolated, we ask the Community Messaging Team to reach out to you to ask for more information and diagnose the issue. We'd be unable to identify what the problem is without getting more information.

Did you see a chat bubble at the bottom of the page on the 22nd or 23rd? It's only available for 48 hours so if not, I can escalate again for you. Please let me know.

Thanks 

Clareridds

Community Manager

SeanFreeman
Topic Author

Yep please escalate again and I'll try again today

This message was authored by derekob1973 This message was authored by: derekob1973

I've been trying to watch virgin media two the last few weeks and it just makes this awful popping sound, I use sky go on mobile devices, computers and it's the same on every device, it's definitely a sky or virgin issue

Posted by a Sky employee

@SeanFreeman I've escalated again and a chat bubble will appear at the bottom of the page shortly. It's not an instant live chat but someone in that Messaging team will be able to help. 

Thanks 

Clareridds

Community Manager

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent derekob1973 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent SeanFreeman an invite to chat.

Thanks

SeanFreeman
Topic Author

Private chat bubble stop replying and now it's gone again, with no resolution

Was asked to check HDMI cables and whether it happened at certain times of day. Have tried multiple HDMI cables and slots and it happens all the time, doesn't matter if it's morning / noon / night.

Sky currently have no answer for this and a pretty disjointed communication system. My guessing now is that the problem is coming from Virgin, and that I'll be 'escalated' into another chat bubble again 🙂 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion