Discussion topic: Why is the Lip sync out on BBC 2 but it’s ok on terrestrial tv

This message was authored by jimmnm This message was authored by: jimmnm

Why is the Lip sync out on BBC 2 but it’s ok on terrestrial tv

I've been watching Snooker world championships on BBC2 and all week,  Hazel the presenter and the ex snooker players all look like their in a spaghetti western. There's at least a second or two difference . When I switch to terrestrial TV it's fine. I'm suspecting broadband speed but I did a test and it's says ok. Has anyone got a clue as to what's going on here? Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Why is the Lip sync out on BBC 2 but it’s ok on terrestrial tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jimmnm take a look at this thread.

in summary it's a known issue Sky are investigating but you can try a few things when it happens:

1. turn the device in to standby for 10 seconds and that usually resets the delay.

2. Try changing the audio settings and change it off of Auto. Some have seen improvements setting it to PCM or Passthrough. Personally I've found switching it to Dolby Digital Plus seems to be the best setting for me to prevent it.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

jimmnm
Topic Author
This message was authored by jimmnm This message was authored by: jimmnm

Re: Why is the Lip sync out on BBC 2 but it’s ok on terrestrial tv

Thank you Mark, I'll give it a go. Much appreciated buddy 👍🏻

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion