Help
Help

Sky Go
Get connected with Sky Go to access a world of entertainment on the move. Whether you need advice on getting the most from Sky Go, compatibility of your device or technical help.
Occasional Visitor
Armbah

Xbox One sky app - update a bit overdue now?

Your sticky regarding the development of an Xbox One application for sky is now somewhat dated, with no updates on there at all. 

Surely Xbox one sales are now high enough to warrent it? If companies like Channel 4 and 5 can do it, why not you?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
Happy+Contingent

Re: Xbox One sky app - update a bit overdue now?

Yes.

Please advise when the Sky app for Xbox One is coming out.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Dylan-P

Hi Armbah and Happy+Contingent,

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you're frustrated about the current lack of support for the Xbox One. 

Currently there is no further information that we have, there was some testing going on earlier in the year but what progress has been made from that I cannot confirm.

I can appreciate you would like some more info about this but currently we do not have anything to give.

Keep posted though as if we know anything else we will be happy to let you all know.

Thanks, 

Dylan
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
BECKYROB

Dylan-P wrote:

Currently there is no further information that we have, there was some testing going on earlier in the year but what progress has been made from that I cannot confirm.

Last time I checked that "official" line was being dismissed as confusion at Sky HQ - the suggesiton being that no testing had been undertaken. Are Sky confused again or has there actually been some progress?

Community Coordinator
usman-a

Hi Beckyrob,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry with the confusion with the compatibility regarding Xbox One and Sky Go. Please view the following page on our stance with this matter.

Hope this helps

Usman
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
BECKYROB

Painfully aware of the "current situation" - just pointing out that there was miscommunication from Sky on thsi subject previously, when it was suggested an Xbox One app was in early development and then was confirmed this wasn't the case.

Dylan-P' last comment sugegsted that there was some testing going on earlier in the year, whcih seems to hint towards miscommunication again - as outlined in the post you directed me to (it's the only thing Sky seem to do), Sky currently has no plans but is "reviewing the benefits".

Given that the official line from Sam-R has had close to 32,000 views I'd say that "benefit" is shockingly apparent.

Occasional Visitor
Roj5043

Extremely dissatisfied with sky's attitude on this topic! I pay a fortune monthly for sky. It is quite clear there is a huge demand for this app and sky quite clearly want to charge people to watch Now TV even though they already pay an extortionate fee already for the service. Without a Sky Player on Xbox One I'm afraid I will be taking my TV, line rental, calls and Broadband to BT. Far better value. Very disappointed having been a loyal sky customer for nearly a decade. Clearly sky has again shown it cares more about gaining new customers over servicing its current subscribers!
Contributor
Eidolon-UK

So, Sky refuses to release a Sky Go app for my Surface and Windows Phone devices, and now that I've got an Xbox One it's dragging its feet over integration with that too.

The lack of investment in new technology here is terrible, especially given the huge amount I'm paying each month.  Netflix and 4oD are way ahead on each platform.  Has Sky had a falling out with Microsoft? Or are you simply keeping track of what I buy in an effort to make sure I don't get my money's worth?

Regular Visitor
tave84

Why do people need a sky app on the xbox one? I don't understand. Surely, the xbox is set up through the same tv as the sky? Makes sense that Sky haven't set aside much programming time for it as it'll be very rarely used IMO.

The main gripe with the sky/xbox partnership is the lack of integration for the OneGuide. The USA has the ability to control their cable tv through the xbox as well as accessing the DVR box through it. This is a much needed feature for the UK. Hopefully this isn't too far away.

Frequent Visitor
BECKYROB

In my case I'm not allowed to put a dish up - so Sky Go is the only way I can get Sky. For other people I asusme it's the fact that it's an easy way to get the service in other rooms, the Sky Box is presumably in the front room and Sky Go can be used on Xbox's in bedrooms, other rooms, etc...

Contributor
Happy+Contingent

[ Edited ]

This just in yesterday: Microsoft announced that OneGuide integration will be coming in the next few months in Europe, including UK.
Those lucky people who are Xbox preview members have the update already and are testing it for MS.

<REMOVED>

Edited: Removed unsafe content/security risk

Contributor
Eidolon-UK

Is Sky able to confirm whether they're included in this? Or is it going to be a Virgin Media and/or YouView feature?
Contributor
Happy+Contingent

I've had a look at some of the user posts on WPCentral, and one of the users who is an Xbox preview member confirmed that you have setup options for Sky, Virgin Media, Freeview, Freesat, Astra 19.2 and BT Vision.

Apparently it's a simple process whereby you enter your postcode and tv provider.

This looks really promising.
Community Coordinator
Peter-WH

Hi Guys,

Thanks for contacting us through the community.

We thank you for  you interest in the matter of the Sky App on the device of the Xbox One, at this moment we cannot yet confirm when this will be ready to be used so please keep an eye out for any updates in this. 

Regards 

Peter-WH
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Eidolon-UK

At the risk of reading too much into your post, does that mean there is an app in development?