Discussion topic: I cant make or receive calls on my mobile it goes straight to voicemail

This message was authored by Jan22222 This message was authored by: Jan22222

I cant make or receive calls on my mobile it goes straight to voicemail

I cant make or receive calls on my mobile all of a sudden if i call out its just silence if i receive a call it goes to voicemail that i cant listen to as cant call out 

everything else seems to be working okay amd i have unlimited calls on my plan etc and yes tge bikl has been paid ive had the phone over a year so its not new and i have nit changed any setting please help 

All Replies

This message was authored by gregrogers This message was authored by: gregrogers

Re: I cant make or receive calls on my mobile it goes straight to voicemail

I've had this issue since Wednesday on every phone on my plan. I lost the plot with Sky today after being passed about the houses for days getting no help from anyone. New provider took 2 minutes to set up an eSim and instantly I can make calls with my new provider and they are cheaper than Sky. I am certain Sky have a network fault but getting them to take responsbility for it and resolving it is a nightmare. 

This message was authored by Jan18 This message was authored by: Jan18

We have had the same issues on two Sky phones. I have called Sky several times but they are not helping, keep telling me to give them 48hours!! I am at the point of leaving and going to a new Network. 

Jan22222
Topic Author

So just an update not had any joy with sky and my friends just tried to call and it seems to be working now I had issues from day one unfortunately I can not go to a new provider as paying monthly for handset else I'd definitely be moving so many issues with sky mobile and the broadband not happy at all and yes they do not resolve issues promptly if at all 

This message was authored by gregrogers This message was authored by: gregrogers

You sim and hand set are different contracts with sky. I've just cancelled all my sims and still have my handsets with Sky 

Sky are adamant that my SIM card is the issue, I don't see how it can be with so many others have the same issue. I am getting a new SIM tomorrow but have told them I'm leaving if it doesn't work. Won't be calling them back as it took over 3 hours to get the last call to connect!!

I don't think for a single second it's the SIM card. It's happening on all 4 of my SIM cards yet the second I set up an eSIM with another provider I have no issues. Does your phone support eSIM that could save you waiting until tomorrow?

No I don't think it is either. Yes does support eSIM so will have a look now, thankyou. 

Jan22222
Topic Author

Well it worked for a couple of days its been off again snd not able to receive or make calls it has to be to do with the Sky at work. It has to be the error because everything else is working. I know my bill is paid et cetera. I'm sick of paying for A service that just is not working how it is advertised

The amount of threads about people having the same issue it's 100% a Sky fault. There is a hand over point from the masts to the Sky network and I would guarantee the failure is at this point. I moved to another provider the other day, same phones no different sims as we are on esims now but not a single issue since moving. Can make and receive calls no bother. It's the fact that it's 2024 and people rely on their mobiles now and Sky don't care that they are endangering vulnerable people 

I have also moved Network to EE, not a single issue since. 

Jan22222
Topic Author

I had issues from day dot and it must of been network issues then or a fault with the handset and at the time I needed my phone and couldn't send it away which took months for them to suggest and I never Received the packaging in the post to send it off. I never got compensated even though I was paying my full bill unable to use all my phones standard Features 

I can't change contract as I am tied into this one unfortunately I'm so sick of it. It's been off for about one month now where I can't make or receive calls. I don't think the answer phone is working correctly either. There's a lot going on in my life at the moment, where I do the phone, I've probably missed calls, so I'm really annoyed and I can't get speak to anyone. I'm gonna have to out of town to shop which is inconvenient once again just so I can get to speak to a person. 

Are you still in contract on your SIM plan as well at your phone? If not you should be able to leave. On the 5th time of speaking to Sky I finally got them to admit they have network issues.  They didn't seem to care and couldn't give an answer as to how long or what they are doing about it. Giving the issues everyone is having they should just let people leave without penalty, surely they have got to do something to compensate users, I am hearing of more and more people having the same issues. 

One of my sims was in contract and they let me out it without penalty, although I will be checking my bills because I don't trust that's actually happened. I'm just paying the handset up now since I just got this phone in December although they managed to turn that into a faff as well. 

Jan22222
Topic Author

Unfortunatly yes im

still tied to contract with phone and sim but as soon as that's over I'm leaving in fact o really need to look at finding new Broadband provider to as it's not so cheap and it's not exactly exactly the greatest surprise surprise 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion