Discussion topic: Mobile data not working whilst on a call

This message was authored by Shirleen This message was authored by: Shirleen

Mobile data not working whilst on a call

last year had an issue with mobile data not working whilst on a call , this problem was resolved with a new SIM card. Now it has started to happen again !! Can't use Waze or Google maps and receive calls at the same time.

Anyone know how to resolve this and why it keeps happening. 

Thank you .

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Mobile data not working whilst on a call

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Shirleen , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by fordman1 This message was authored by: fordman1

It's because 4G calling / VoLTE is not working on Sky Mobile. Your calls are being carried over 3G, or possibly even 2G which do not support simultaneous voice and data like 4G.

It's been like this for months for me.

Until Sky Mobile fix their VoLTE platform, there is nothing that you can do.

Shirleen
Topic Author
This message was authored by Shirleen This message was authored by: Shirleen

Thanks , had a feeling it was something like this as it happened last year too. Always amazes me that they make out they have no idea why this is happening. Shall be leaving when contract is up as its not good enough.thanks for the reply.

This message was authored by Rooo1 This message was authored by: Rooo1

@fordman1 

Yes, my voLTE symbol keeps disappearing and it has now been gone since april 9th

It sucks as now my calls are dropping and messages are taking forever to send. 😭😭

They need to sort it out!

This message was authored by Rooo1 This message was authored by: Rooo1

@Mr+Flibbles+86 

Has there been any issues reported regarding voLTE, mine hasn't been working since sky went down at the beginning of this month.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion