Discussion topic: Personal voicemail greeting not working

This message was authored by Rejjie This message was authored by: Rejjie

Personal voicemail greeting not working

Hi

I'm having issues with my voicemail. Spoke to Sky and they sent a replacement sim but hasn't resolved the issue. 
I use my mobile for my business and have a recorded greeting using my business name. Last week I realised that I wasn't getting messages. Changed the number of rings, which resulted in it going to voicemail, but with the generic Sky message. If I cut the call off before it rings out, it goes to my personal greeting. I'm baffled, and the guy I spoke to at Sky was pretty clueless. Kept leaving me on hold for ages while he asked someone else or looked things up. I gave up in the end. Any ideas? Thank you. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Sooz+B This message was authored by: Sooz+B

Re: Personal voicemail greeting not working

Any luck with this issue yet Rejjie.  I've been experiencing the same for SIX WEEKS now.  Can't seem to get the folk at SKY to sort it out.  Promises, promises, promises - finally a new SIM which made absolutely no difference.  SO frustrating and losing business becasue of it.  I've even had to post on my business website NOT to ring me and asking if anyone visiting my site works for SKY and can get me to the top of the boffins pile to sort it out.

Rejjie
Topic Author

Hi @Sooz+B . Thanks for replying. Good to know I’m not alone and shows that the call centre are lying when they said they have never come across this before!

No, and it’s got worse. It now goes to a message saying, ‘the person at this number is unavailable’, and cuts the caller off. There is no facility for them to leave a message, and I have no idea whether the missed number is a potential client, or another ‘junk’ call.

This has now been going on for months and I am absolutely disgusted by the poor excuse for customer service at Sky. I got sent new SIM with no change, and actually got asked to turn voicemail off and on again! Every bit of info on Sky states you cannot disable voicmail so you think their staff would know.

My last conversation with CS was nearly two weeks ago and I was promised this would be escalated with 5-7 working days. Have tried the email service, which is beyond a joke. Waited days for them to ask for my personal data to verify my account, and then a few more days for them to send me a generic link on their website!!! Like I haven’t already looked at that!

I have also had to put a note on my website to ask clients to email instead. It’s ridiculous. I really don’t know what has happened to Sky. I always used to chat to some friendly and knowledgeable person who sorted issues out. Have they disappeared or do they only wheel them out when they are getting you to sign up again??? The call centre is abysmal. No one knows anything and they put you on hold for ages while they ask someone else. Hours of a working day wasted. What a joke.

I have been a Sky customer for over 10 years but only changed to their mobile service last autumn. What a mistake! I am now so angry with them I intend to find alternative tv and broadband providers once our contract is up. They really don’t deserve my money.

Please let me know if you get anywhere. I don’t know what else to do. I will have to look for another provider and think I must be within my rights to cancel this contract early for complete lack of service.

Rejjie
Topic Author

Ooh but I have just got lots of emails telling me about the levels and badges I've earned on the Sky community for reading posts and replying! What is this **bleep**?

This message was authored by Sooz+B This message was authored by: Sooz+B

Sounding like we are pretty much in the same boat Rejjie.  I too was delighted at the level of customer service when I first joined Sky mobile about 4 years ago.  As you say - it used to be so easy to call and speak to a knowlegable person to help witha ny problems/quesitions.

When I mentioned to one of the last operators I spoke to that I would be considering cancelling my SKY contract because they could not rectify what is so obviously a SKY problem he promptly transferred me to 'terminations'! 

End of tether - don't know what to do - paying for something I am not receiving 😞

Will keep ypu posted if any progress.............

Rejjie
Topic Author

Hi @Sooz+B 

Received this text message earlier. 

Hello. We're sorry for any inconvenience the recent Sky Mobile issues may have caused. The network is now stable, and we are monitoring closely. Thank you.

What utter rubbish. It is exactly the same.

ombusman is next move for me. This is completely unacceptable. 

This message was authored by Orton_1813 This message was authored by: Orton_1813

I cannot retrieve my personal greeting, nor do any of my missed calls log when someone leaves a message (i just get a text thankfully).

When someone does leave a message there is no record of it, i have to dial 759 each day to check.

what the hell is going on?! 
I use mine for business, this isnt good enough!

Rejjie
Topic Author

@Orton_1813 I got told the other day that as I am a Sole Trader,  Sky should cancel my contract immediately as I sometimes use my phone for client calls and they don't do business contracts! Funny how no one asks you this question when getting you to sign up with them. Great customer service!

This message was authored by Orton_1813 This message was authored by: Orton_1813

What? You should be able to use your phone for what you want! Theyre scared of being sued for missed work!!!!

why does it matter if the call you make relates to business or personal?  It makes no difference whatsoever!

It appears to be working atm. For how long who knows!?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion