Discussion topic: Visa Secure issue

This message was authored by Dtg1980 This message was authored by: Dtg1980

Visa Secure issue

Tried paying my electric bill online, but it's preventing me from doing so because the 'visa secure' (used to be called 'verified by Visa) thing that prompts for a password before I make specific payments online. I phoned my bank (co-op) and they told me the issue is that this is a problem on my mobile providers end as Sky aren't prompting the text that needs to come through (or something like that! Not difficult to confuse me!)

i tried calling sky, but I got someone and it may have been their first day as they were getting each question they asked me fed to them. Complete confusion and seemed to think I meant I hadn't paid my bill, this went back and forth for a bit until I realised I couldn't make him understand and I don't blame him for that,  as I barely understand it myself!

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Visa Secure issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If the bank is sending a OTP via SMS and you're not receiving it then only Sky can investigate the failure to deliver.

There are a number of similar threads - it's not unusual.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I think you are saying that a verification text message isn't coming through ?

If this is the case then it does need reporting to Sky so they can send it through to another team to investigate for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SJ12 This message was authored by: SJ12

I have got the same problem at the moment. I'm with the same bank and I can't pay for my online shopping

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@SJ12 wrote:

I have got the same problem at the moment. I'm with the same bank and I can't pay for my online shopping

The advice is as above - this may not be a quick fix.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by walkingsi This message was authored by: walkingsi

Same issue trying to pay my gas and electricity bill with British Gas. Spoke to my bank and they say the same thing, that it's an issue with the sky sim.

This message was authored by jonnya123 This message was authored by: jonnya123

Same here i have had to phone the bank to get my otp changed to email and not phone. Apperentley the bank have me down as a sim switch which is untrue as had this sim and number for years

About ready to dump sky mobile .....poor signal and speeds . Most times need to switch to 3g

This message was authored by ACooke This message was authored by: ACooke

I have this same issue, CO-OP bank say the issue lies with Sky, so I rang Sky this morning, they did a network reset and it has made no difference. 

I cannot purchase anything online that needs "Visa Secure" or access anything that you have to have an access code e.g. Government Childcare scheme or pay for anything via the telephone, all transactions are being declined. 

Sky has not resolved the issue and CO-OP said it may right itself in a few days, not ideal when I have a childcare bill to pay and only one bank account and phone number registered to the access codes! 

This message was authored by James0072 This message was authored by: James0072

I've been having the same issue all week. Have you managed to sort it and if so how?

This message was authored by ACooke This message was authored by: ACooke

No, sky did a network reset on my phone and it has made no difference. I don't think they fully understood the issue. I think the more people who have an issue need to ring them and report it to Sky as Co-op bank are fully aware of the problem but cannot do anything about it as it is a sky issue. 

Dtg1980
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dtg1980 This message was authored by: Dtg1980

I managed to after countless calls and finally speaking to someone who wasn't just reading off a script. 

Sky sent me through some sort of software update and since then I've been able to do it. So far. 

This message was authored by CBinns1979 This message was authored by: CBinns1979

I bank with coop and I can't pay for anything online because Sky Mobile don't generate the OTP generated by Verify by Visa. Is there anyway around this? I've only just switched to Sky from O2. Looks like I'm gonna have to switch again : (

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@CBinns1979 wrote:

because Sky Mobile don't generate the OTP generated by Verify by Visa.

Call Sky on 150 and left them know that you can not receive this OTP, they should take the details down from you and send it through to another team to investigate.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by BigEyes This message was authored by: BigEyes

Can anyone at Sky tell me what is happening with the Visa Secure connection?  I am having problems making on-line payments. My Bank tells me the issue is with Sky mobile not them or Visa. 

It is a real pain in the proverbial having to keep contacting the Bank, waiting for ages to get through only to be told it is Sky Mobile's problem and that the system is not recognising their (Visa) communication prompt for some reason. 

This appears to have been going on for months, it's only just affected me this month but, please, please Sky sort it.

I would contact you direct but your Bot won't let me.

This message was authored by newx This message was authored by: newx

Visa sky

As quite a few others, I am having the same problems with visa secure. Sky are very unhelpful and when I ask to be put through to an IT person who might understand the problem, they say its not possible. The mobile charges have just been increased !!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion