Discussion topic: Visa Secure issue

This message was authored by BigEyes This message was authored by: BigEyes

Re: Visa Secure issue

Hi thanks for sharing, as has been said in some of the replies to my question, get on to the Coop Bank again and tell them to change the setting from mobile number to your email address. That should save you from having to open another Bank Account. I have to say that the response from Sky was unhelpful and I hope you said so if and when they do a follow-up "How did we do."

Safe buying.

This message was authored by PIERSnummelin This message was authored by: PIERSnummelin

Exactly the same problem! I eventually managed to get through to someone in the technical team at Sky Mobile and the problem is at their end, and affects people who bank with Co-Op and Santander. Sky Mobile technical team need to send the bank your mobile number as not all numbers were sent over properly. You will still be able to use your card in the shops, but every time you try to use it on line until the issue is cleared you will need to phone your bank to clear the block. Once Sky Mobile send your bank the details, give it a couple of days and you should be ok.

This message was authored by JulieRex This message was authored by: JulieRex

I've had this problem since the end of January and it's wearing very thin now. I can't pay for anything online . I've spoken to sky and the issue still isn't sorted. 
I am calling them again as I'm really sick of it now

This message was authored by PIERSnummelin This message was authored by: PIERSnummelin

Although not ideal, there is a worksround.  You can ask your bank to send you an email instead of a text message when you make a card transaction. The problem does appear to be with Sky, but if the problem persists, that might be a practical solution.

This message was authored by Nich3 This message was authored by: Nich3

I am having exactly the same  problem. I am with Coop bank and i am having to phone them after every on line payment just to unlock my account so i can use card on line. It is becoming a bit of a pain as takes ages to get through to bank. Coop are brill bit there isnt  much they can do until Sky sort this issue. If they dont i think i will move  to another mobile phone provider. I suppose we should all think about doing that if they are not willing to sort this issue at their end. 

This message was authored by KJ74 This message was authored by: KJ74

Hi

I have been having the same problem for over a month. I was initially told by the coop bank that it was a Sky issue so I changed provider but the problem persisted. I contacted my bank again over the weekend and they have replied saying that my ability to make online purchases with my debit card had been 'switched off'. They switched it on and a payment I previously tried to make  went through immediately.  Finally! 

This message was authored by BigEyes This message was authored by: BigEyes

Does anyone in this Community work for Sky? Does anyone know what Sky is doing to sort this out? If so, tell us. 

This message was authored by JulieRex This message was authored by: JulieRex

After months of not being able to use my card online and many calls to sky, I have opted to have email verification. It has worked!! 
Sky needs to sort this out it's a joke now!!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion