Discussion topic: Chime not loud enough!

This message was authored by mikeb1234 This message was authored by: mikeb1234

Chime not loud enough!

I live in a conventional two storey house and have successfully installed a Doorbell on my front door, with Chime in my hallway, but I can't hear the Chime elsewhere in the house, even at max volume.

Is it possible to install an additional Chime, or  speaker of some sort, in another room so I can hear when somebody rings the bell?

If that's not possible, unfortunately the Doorbell is pretty much useless as a doorbell!

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Chime not loud enough!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Must admit, the chime is pretty loud on the highest setting. 
Within the Sky Protect app settings for the chime, you can choose a number of different chime sounds that may be easier to hear for you and can also increase the Chime sound.
But, one of the points of the SKY Protect app, is that around your house/garden and even away from your house you get a notification alert on your Applw/Android device.
The notifications work very well and instantly for me on my Android phones and iPad aound the house and on my Android phone when away from my house.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@mikeb1234 wrote:

Is it possible to install an additional Chime, or  speaker of some sort, in another room so I can hear when somebody rings the bell?

There aren't any such options.  Given the Chime connects by ethernet cable, it could be moved elsewhere by using a longer one, or, possibly, by using Powerline network adapters (not confirmed)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by FionanDave This message was authored by: FionanDave

I'm with you on this. Sky engineer installed our super fast broadband router in the cupboard under stairs.... so that's where the chime is! Can't hear anything at all! Really frustrating! Another chime that links would be amazing! 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@FionanDave  Powerline adapters might help you with the placement of the chime, as long as there is a power point close to the front door and you can hear the chime from that position.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion