Discussion topic: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

This message was authored by SteelesHouse This message was authored by: SteelesHouse

Sky Door Chime - not syncing

Hi all, 

Recieved the Protect tech today...following the app, searching online, and I can't get my Door Chime to connect to app / phone...it times out then tells me to check my internet - I've reset sky router, reset the chime...reset the app - reset everything and started from scratch a few times (well into double figures now).  

The chime itself is connecting to the internet as it has the solid blue light...but there's where it stops.  I've pressed the sync button and waited for the light to flash blue and orange...which it does...but doesn't actually connect. 

Has anybody else had the same issue?  If so - how did you get it working?  The virtual bot has no idea what i'm talking about.  I can't find anything else online, which I understand as its all very new, but i'm reaching the limit of my patience.  All the other devices sync and connect fine (Indoor Camera, sensors etc etc), just not the door chime or the door bell itself. 

Please help 🙂 

All Replies

This message was authored by Jonnyp123gg This message was authored by: Jonnyp123gg

Re: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

Hi yes I had exact problem.Painful how many times I heard "door bell is pairing"I got in touch with sky engineer.Tried everything they said reseting dozen of times.Anyway they are sending me a new door bell and chime.Glad it's not just me there must be a few faulty ones as everything else seems to be working fine.Hope you get sorted I certainly feel your pain!

This message was authored by Peaceofcake23 This message was authored by: Peaceofcake23

Having the exact same problem on my doorbell and reciver and my mums who also ordered this bundle. Rang 3 times today and told no one is available in there technical department ( don't think they have anyone in place to deal with this yet ) but I've tried so many ways but still no look. Other devices work incredibly well just disappointing about the door bell. 

This message was authored by madonez187 This message was authored by: madonez187

received mine today just wasted 2 and a half hours and got no where the chime has connected to the app but door bell won't connect so didn't even bother setting the other bots up apparently I'm getting a call back tomorrow about this I'm at breaking point after wasting my evening might just cancel and get a new ring door bell as that was a 2 minute install 

This message was authored by Jonnyp123gg This message was authored by: Jonnyp123gg

Yes very frustrating and painful to the finger holding the sinc button for hours!

This message was authored by madonez187 This message was authored by: madonez187

any one found a way to sort this yet 

I'm waiting for a replacement.Fingers crossed that works.Dont think there is any other way to fix this other than getting a replacement I'm afraid 

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

We're really sorry you're having these issues. There is a dedicated Sky Protect App that comes with the package that has a live chat function for these sort of issues, however I have also shared all of your comments with our Protect tech team as this shouldn't be happening.

I'll revert back once I have some more information.

Thanks 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

We did have a couple of issues with the doorbell syncing yesterday and our tech team have said these are now fixed. Please can you try and retest and let me know if it's still not working and I'll raise the issue further?

Many thanks,
Clare 

Clareridds

Community Manager

This message was authored by Peaceofcake23 This message was authored by: Peaceofcake23

Just as a note when you try and troubleshoot errors with set up it's says hold the reset button on the doorbell for 10 seconds, I'm guessing this means the sync button as there doesn't seem

to be a reset button the the doorbell it's self ? Thanks for your reply 

Can confirm worked first time and everything went smoothly with the set up. 👍

This message was authored by Jasonw1984 This message was authored by: Jasonw1984

I received mine yesterday exactly the same issues! But now works fine main suggestion is to turn 5ghz WiFi Off on your router just while you install as the equipment only works on 2.4ghz and you will find that your phone reverts to 5ghz while trying to install.

Also charge up your doorbell while waiting this will take a few hours as that is one of the main issues sky said to me as it hasn't got enough charge in (even though it still turns on) 

Hope this helps

SteelesHouse
Topic Author
This message was authored by SteelesHouse This message was authored by: SteelesHouse

Afternoon, 

All synced which is great thankyou.  However...I now have another issue - I can't see the video from the doorbell on my app (iPhone 14 Pro Max) yet my wife can see everything fine on her Samsung??  The indoor camera is spot on, but I keep getting the 'trouble connecting to your device' when trying to view.  

I've deleted and reinstalled the app...still getting the same problem.

Many thanks.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @SteelesHouse,

You'll need to troubleshoot this with the Live Chat function on the Sky Protect App. They'll be able to support you on that.

Thanks

Clareridds

Community Manager

SteelesHouse
Topic Author

Will do - thanks for your help on the syncing issue...prevented a lot of frustration 🙂 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion