Discussion topic: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

This message was authored by Blanco7777 This message was authored by: Blanco7777

Re: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet. On my second chime and tried for weeks (probably about 100 times!)

Tried resetting everything that can be reset (numerous times), app permissions fine. Latest advice was to switch off data roaming but nothing is working. Lots of emails and calls but feel like I might need to give up!

Everything else works but just cannot get the chime to connect

This message was authored by Frannie2 This message was authored by: Frannie2

Doorbell chime won’t sync

I'm on my 2nd chime from Sky and same problem...won't connect.

It would do everything right then it always show error... no internet connection 

All the other items ( not doorbell as awaiting to get the chime working) got connected and working fine.

I'm currently experiencing the same problem as you described 

This message was authored by AL579 This message was authored by: AL579

Where is the live chat function? 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AL579 wrote:

Where is the live chat function? 

You will find all the Sky Protect support options, by hitting the ?, top right on the Home Screen and dropping to the bottom and clicking the blue Support link.

An email address is listed there to flag support, if you do not see any message options.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Blanco7777 This message was authored by: Blanco7777

Re: Doorbell chime won’t sync

Hi

Having tried everything suggested the only way I got it too work was to bring a really old iphone back to life and do it from that (the blocker seemed to be modern iphone). When back to old phone it did it straight away. There were still issues updating firmware which took some sorting (update the chime first not the doorbell even though the app guides you the other way round).

Good luck

Something else to try if you are having trouble syncing or viewing your doorbell.

From the Sky Protect app, select the video doorbell, click on  the gear button top right and scroll down to click on reboot the device. It takes a short while to do this, maybe a few minutes.

Try the doorbell live view again or try resynching  if it's not resynched.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Sky has sent another doorbell and chime (3rd now) so will try your suggestion.

I just don't understand why a big company as Sky having their customers going through so much problems with their chimes and doorbells. It's not a recent issue and should have been sorted by now. Sky has the money to have corrected the problem ages ago.

@Frannie2 wrote:

Sky has sent another doorbell and chime (3rd now) so will try your suggestion.

I just don't understand why a big company as Sky having their customers going through so much problems with their chimes and doorbells. It's not a recent issue and should have been sorted by now. Sky has the money to have corrected the problem ages ago.

Must admit, I have had no problems.

Mine is now coming up to three months of constant use.

Have found the door bell has needed charging once a month, so been consistent on that.

The doorbell gets good use and reports and captures well, day and night.

Had no issues with the indoor camera or it's sensor base.

All the other kit has been reliable, all door/leak/contact sensors reporting perfectly.

The arm and disarm works reliably too, when away from house.

Hope you get this one setup as it's described through the app, starting with the Chime.

Make sure, you give the Doorbell a full charge before connecting up to the Chime. It needs a good many hours if it's low, perhaps leaving it to charge overnight. Charge it from the Chime usb port using the supplied usb flat cable.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by TOWERSEY5695 This message was authored by: TOWERSEY5695

I received mine yesterday same problem ringer  will not sync very frustrating I have tryed everything 

This message was authored by TOWERSEY5695 This message was authored by: TOWERSEY5695

I have the agsact same issue very frustrating every else connects except doorbbell

This message was authored by DBlackPrince This message was authored by: DBlackPrince

The indoor camera is rubbish! I got the same error message as you did, uninstalled it and I have been trying to reinstall it to no avail. Without exaggerating, I've tried at least 20 times! I've even spoken to the help team and they sent a new indoor camera which will not connect! I'm sure it's not my network because the video doorbell works fine. It's very frustrating and I'm beginning to think a waste of money. I should cancel the subscription and buy another product methinks...

Get an old phone, iPad or laptop and download the Sky Protect app onto the old device...then set up doorbell and chime via that device....once devices are setup, you will be able to access it on your current phone, iPad or laptop (ensure you download the Sky Protect app on your current smartphone, iPad or laptop)

This message was authored by Lumi This message was authored by: Lumi

Is there any way I can contact the technical department? I'm having a problem with the chime; it keeps flashing blue. I reset the gadget and the internet. I eventually uninstalled the video doorbell from the account, and now I can't add it back in or connect to it. I contacted 150 customer service and the Sky Protect Sale team, both of which were completely useless. Please assist.

@Lumi wrote:

Is there any way I can contact the technical department? I'm having a problem with the chime; it keeps flashing blue. I reset the gadget and the internet. I eventually uninstalled the video doorbell from the account, and now I can't add it back in or connect to it. I contacted 150 customer service and the Sky Protect Sale team, both of which were completely useless. Please assist.

I've answered this in your other post.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion