Discussion topic: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

This message was authored by Gavin77 This message was authored by: Gavin77

Re: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

The support is poor I'm in the same situation the door bell will not connect been on the phone twice yesterday and was told I would have a firm ware update fone then moaned again as still not connecting! 
was told in a email 

"

Hi Gavin

Thank you for reaching out, sorry you are having issues installing. We have been made aware in the last 30 minutes that a key service is down, that may be limiting installation of the chime and/or doorbell for some users. Can i ask, whilst we investigate you not try installation. The team are working on this right now and hope to have services restored shortly"

still can't connect 

This message was authored by shell4172 This message was authored by: shell4172

Is there an update with regards the issues with syncing the doorbell, I am still unable to get mine to sync 

This message was authored by Jenniferx This message was authored by: Jenniferx

I had this exact issue took me allll day.

I didn't realise the chime has to be flashing yellow and blue aswell as the doorbell. I unplugged the chime, reset it in the side then it connected straight away. Hope this helps someone 

This message was authored by JeremySh This message was authored by: JeremySh

I am having the same problem. Chime has synced but repeated efforts to sync the bell do not work. Does anyone have any advice please? Thanks

This message was authored by Richard+Westwood This message was authored by: Richard+Westwood

Same problem with mine the camera doesnt flash between blue and yellow, going to fully charge overnight and try again tomorrow.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If your doorbell is not flashing blue/ yellow, try switching off the doorbell with the switch in the rear of the doorbell under the flap, leaving off for at least ten minutes.

Switch on and recharge via the chime using the supplied usb cable fo about 6-8 hours or overnight.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Thanks for this. I have been getting the yellow and blue flashing lights on the doorbell when attempting to sync with the chimer but it just never completes properly. I'll charge fully overnight and try again. Is there another process for this scenario where the bkue & yellow lights are flashing?

@JeremySh wrote:

Is there another process for this scenario where the bkue & yellow lights are flashing?

No thats just during charging.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Richard+Westwood This message was authored by: Richard+Westwood

Left on charge overnight tried again this morning and all I get is a solid yellow on the video doorbell. Chime flashes as expected but no joy with the doorbell.

Thought of what to do next?

@Richard+Westwood wrote:

Left on charge overnight tried again this morning and all I get is a solid yellow on the video doorbell. Chime flashes as expected but no joy with the doorbell.

Thought of what to do next?

Did you try the switch off with the switch on the doorbell as I mentioned a few posts up.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser

Yes not in contact with Sky Protect via email, doing a reset on the Chime and will try and resync.

My issue has now been resolved during a call with Sky this morning. 

I had fully charged the ringer earlier in the week as well as resetting the chimer and the two were still not syncing with each other. During the call today though I resynced the chimer but set it up as a new chimer in the app (there is an option for this) and then went through the normal steps of syncing both devices and this solved it. Hope that helps. 

So the video doorbell still will not connect and now the indoor camera has failed not impressed so far awaiting an update from Sky Protect via email.

This message was authored by JED0309 This message was authored by: JED0309

This may sound ridiculous but don't try to set it up using your mobile (wasted so many hours trying). Use your IPad . Set up 1st time I tried 👍

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@JED0309 wrote:

This may sound ridiculous but don't try to set it up using your mobile (wasted so many hours trying). Use your IPad . Set up 1st time I tried 👍

@JED0309 worked perfectly fine when setting up on my mobile 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion