Discussion topic: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

This message was authored by Jameslono This message was authored by: Jameslono

Re: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

I'm currently having g the same issue. After a few corresponding emails, I have been told that it is down to the hub 4 router and a recent software upgrade. I have been assured that the up grade will be reversed on 15/12/23 and all should be well....watch this space

This message was authored by chasibear This message was authored by: chasibear

Hi Clare

Im having the same issues and have not been able to pair up the chime.

Any advice would be grerat

Thank you 

Charlie

Hi.

Update

After receiving the update, everything seems to be working fine. 

I tried unplugging tge chime and reinstalling it.

Seemed to do the trick

This message was authored by Geena1 This message was authored by: Geena1

I am not receiving live vide from my sky protect door bell

This message was authored by Lwellock This message was authored by: Lwellock

This is my exact problem! Did you get an answer? Door chime not syncing with app.

When I the new update was deleted and the old one restored, it seemed to sort itself. The sync time between the chime and doorbell went from 30 secs to 1.30. I would uninstall and try again.

I inherited Sky Protect kit when I was renewing my house insurance. Prior to that I was with Amazon Ring. After a month or so with the doorbell, the Ring wins hands down on every count besides the annual fee. I am considering putting it back up

This message was authored by Richard+Westwood This message was authored by: Richard+Westwood

So it worked for a week but now doesn't ring and still no video preview. Not impressed should be better going to uninstall and try again later today.

This message was authored by NotoriousCP This message was authored by: NotoriousCP

Not sure why but using an older phone worked for me and I've seem another comment somewhere that says the same.

Not sure how old to go but I went to Samsung s20 and everything connected 1st time 

Hope this helps you and other users 

This message was authored by Richard+Westwood This message was authored by: Richard+Westwood

Uninstalled both the video doorbell and the chime and started again after an overnight charge. Installed the chime as a new one then the video doorbell, the doorbell did a look firmware update and it's now working perfectly! I have noticed that the battery only lasts about a week in this weather.

This message was authored by DBlackPrince This message was authored by: DBlackPrince

My door bell has been offline for nearly a week now. I've been trying to reinstall but no joy. I'm seriously considering cancelling my subscription and going to Google Nest or Amazon Ring!

This message was authored by Malcthedrummer This message was authored by: Malcthedrummer

I have all the same problems as you, total rubbish equipment, am considering cancelling ajd sending it all back.

Touch wood mine has been working fine since I got the new video doorbell. Hopefully you get yours sorted!

This message was authored by Bazman61 This message was authored by: Bazman61

First time would not sync to chime. Charged overnight. Added chime again as if it were new. Doorbell linked immediately then did firmware update. 

This message was authored by robertsandrew This message was authored by: robertsandrew

Guys I think I may have a work around. tried everything to get the chime to connect and it wouldnt. Went back to the box and installed the internal camera, connected first time, it then did a firmware update and upon completion of the firmware uodate tried the chime again and it worked first time. Hope this works for you all as it did for me, Peace brothers

This message was authored by Malcthedrummer This message was authored by: Malcthedrummer

Hey, thanks so much for that information, I WILL try that as a last resort!! Wish me luck.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion