Discussion topic: Sky Protect Doorbell not chiming internally

This message was authored by Duffer00 This message was authored by: Duffer00

Sky Protect Doorbell not chiming internally

My new Sky Connect Doorbell repeatedly shows an orange light and doesnt chime internally on the chime unit, which sits next to router and about 1m away from doorbell.  We still get mobile app push notifications that someone is at door, but not that they pushed the doorbell.  Yet when we go into app, and look at events it shows both the person approach and doorbell pressed icons.

When I answer the door, and test the doorbell the light turns to blue and it chimes and alerts as normal, yet the visitor at the door maintains the light is orange when they pressed it.

I have tried rebooting, removing the doorbell and chime and setting up afresh and checked everything is on latest firmware.

The doorbell as it stands is unusable.  Any advice to resolve would be appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky Protect Doorbell not chiming internally

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Assume you have checked in the app that Chime sounds are turned on.

Might be worth switching the button on/ off.

Plus might be worth trying a few different chime sounds.

In the app click on the doorbell, click on the gear icon top right and select chime settings.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Duffer00
Topic Author
This message was authored by Duffer00 This message was authored by: Duffer00

Re: Sky Protect Doorbell not chiming internally

Hi thanks for the reply 👍

yeah, tried changing chine sounds and playing with volume. 

I am now wondering if the activity zone is meaning by time it senses someone approaching, they have pressed the doorbell before the unit "wakes up" and connects to internal chime unit?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion