Discussion topic: Sky protect firmware update

This message was authored by Jackie1770 This message was authored by: Jackie1770

Sky protect firmware update

Hi All. I recieved my skyprotect equipment and all set up well

.only issue is the camera requested firmware update. Issue is 20 mins now and still showing firmware update in progress..

Surely it shouldn't be this long?

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky protect firmware update

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jackie1770 wrote:

Hi All. I recieved my skyprotect equipment and all set up well

.only issue is the camera requested firmware update. Issue is 20 mins now and still showing firmware update in progress..

Surely it shouldn't be this long?

Is this the indoor camera?
The latest firmware update is 5.30.0.293

Yo can check this from the app, select the indoor camera, select gear icon top right, scroll down and select diagnostics.

Would suggest selecting reboot indoor camera from the above gear icon selected page.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Nearmoor This message was authored by: Nearmoor

done all the above still no joy , started firmware update thenit failed now the camera won't work at all

This message was authored by Mickeyshearer This message was authored by: Mickeyshearer

I am having exactly the same issue with the indoor camera. Everything else set up straight away. It's really frustrating as that's the only reason we got it for my dad. I've tried for deleting it and setting it back up but still not working. Any help much appreciated 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mickeyshearer wrote:

I am having exactly the same issue with the indoor camera. Everything else set up straight away. It's really frustrating as that's the only reason we got it for my dad. I've tried for deleting it and setting it back up but still not working. Any help much appreciated 

Try turning the camera off for at least ten minutes by taking off the sensor bridge, then pulling out the power cable from the camera.

After that power reset, connect the power and let the camera connect, then add the sensor bridge back.

While the camera is off power, would be a good idea to reboot your router also.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by MrP4 This message was authored by: MrP4

Mine got set up everything works but when I try see outside from my doorbell it keeps saying reboot system then when I do reboot it says update but before that it would load to like 10-15% and say reboot. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion