Discussion topic: sky protect needs drop zurich

This message was authored by subliminalj This message was authored by: subliminalj

sky protect needs drop zurich

had storm damage to my house roof causing water to constantly leak in since December 2023. it's now 30th March 2024 and never sorted it out. it's covered by my policy and I even have emergency home cover who took a month to respond, only to tell me they couldn't do anything other than lay plastic bags in the loft.

Then I was told they couldn't do anything unless they increased my premiums because in 2019 I contacted my previous insurance due to a burst pipe which, in the end, I paid for myself. so another month goes by and I'm calling Sky every working day (they're off on the weekend and bank-holidays and after 5 pm. ) telling them it's been leaking for nearly 4 months, to be told they don't have my claim on their system.

This is all due to sky using companies that arent Sky, but third parties such as "emergency home responders"  and Zurich insurance, whose only aim is to do nothing and rake in more cash

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: sky protect needs drop zurich

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@subliminalj wrote:

This is all due to sky using companies that arent Sky, but third parties such as "emergency home responders"  and Zurich insurance

Sky Group (a division of the Comcast Corporation) is a media creator and distribution platform, an ISP and a virtual mobile phone network provider: it's not licensed and regulated by the PRA or FCA to be an insurance company and so any insurance product with Sky branding is inevitably from a 'third party' because Sky cannot legally offer such services itself.

As the pinned post at the top of this forum states, it's not possible or appropriate to provide advice on any particular claim here.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion