Discussion topic: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

This message was authored by MovieFan2021 This message was authored by: MovieFan2021

Re: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

Yes same here, popup appears every two minutes.  We don't have a UHD tv so can't watch it! 
Spent the past 15 minutes of the first half trying to complain via website and useless chatbot instead of watching the game 🤬

Ridiculous Sky!

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Qwertyuiop1 wrote:

Totally agree about annoying nature. Was around last year but one-off, cancelled meant stopped. Irritating enough that I'm not watching some games, so calling into question why I pay subscription. 

I don't have UHD and no intention of laying out for a new TV just because Sky think I might be missing out. 

Only occurs in football, but if it spreads to other sports I'm moving supplier. 

Fair comment @Qwertyuiop1 I have the UHD subscription and a 4k tv but still get the red button option for F1, Football, Golf and no doubt the US open starting tomorrow 🤔

This message was authored by DK1 This message was authored by: DK1

Watched Newcastle vs. Liverpool game this afternoon and we had to press the 'back' button about 30 times during the match to get rid of the red button 'Watch in Ultra HD' message. Every time it reappeared after a couple of minutes or so. If the back button wasn't pressed it stayed on screen for about 90 seconds before disappearing and then reappeared about a minute later. It used to be a minor irritation but the frequency it came up is now an annoyance especially as the picture seems to dim every time it flashes up. Before today I wasn't aware of this issue but Sky have certainly ramped up the 'hard sell' this time and I am seriously thinking of moving to a rival broadcaster.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

The darkening around the recap button seems to be more prominent when the background is the green pitch. Camera fixed on the crowd you can't see it. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lianne This message was authored by: Lianne

It was every 3 minutes today whilst watching a match. I've sent a complaint to Sky, awaiting their response. 

This message was authored by Lianne This message was authored by: Lianne

Omg thankyou!!

This message was authored by Higgs1 This message was authored by: Higgs1

Just been on the phone with sky tech support. They were of the opinion that this was a fault as "we would quickly lose customers". 👀 

They got me to downloads the latest software and checked my display settings. It was set to uhd and hypothesised that this couod be why i got the notifications.  Changed them to HD and we will see come Friday night football.  If no change then I will call back

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Higgs1 wrote:

Just been on the phone with sky tech support. They were of the opinion that this was a fault as "we would quickly lose customers". 👀 

They got me to downloads the latest software and checked my display settings. It was set to uhd and hypothesised that this couod be why i got the notifications.  Changed them to HD and we will see come Friday night football.  If no change then I will call back

Trouble is that then makes all the menus etc lower res.

A much less annoying problem to have though.

This message was authored by SimonHiscocks This message was authored by: SimonHiscocks

Mine is set to HD not UHD, so I'm not hopeful of that solution......

This message was authored by Higgs1 This message was authored by: Higgs1

Neither was I. My aim is that next weekend the note on my account and the problem still there gets me somewhere.

This message was authored by Martin+Leeds This message was authored by: Martin+Leeds

Following the Sheffield United v Manchester City game I complained to Sky as it was appearing on my screen every 90 seconds so a massive distraction - here is the reply:

"I would to inform you that this an known issue and are support teams are currently working to get this fixed at the earliest

The temporary workaround is :

- To pause just for a second then continue. The red button prompts won't appear then.

I have passed your feedback to relevant team to investigate and resolve at the earliest.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter."

Sounds positive and appears to be an issue for many customers.

This message was authored by Martin+Leeds This message was authored by: Martin+Leeds

I think "are support teams" is Manc dialect for "our support teams"

😂😂😂

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Martin+Leeds wrote:

Following the Sheffield United v Manchester City game I complained to Sky as it was appearing on my screen every 90 seconds so a massive distraction - here is the reply:

"I would to inform you that this an known issue and are support teams are currently working to get this fixed at the earliest

The temporary workaround is :

- To pause just for a second then continue. The red button prompts won't appear then.

I have passed your feedback to relevant team to investigate and resolve at the earliest.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter."

Sounds positive and appears to be an issue for many customers.

Many thanks for sharing @Martin+Leeds 

It is good to see that it has been acknowldged as a problem 

This message was authored by kevtheref This message was authored by: kevtheref

Thank heavens its not just me that this aggravates.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@kevtheref wrote:

Thank heavens its not just me that this aggravates.

Hi @kevtheref you have two options change your picture resolution to 1080p via Sky Q box

Not ideal if you are paying for the UHD subscription 

Select channel 402 press the red button when it appears Watch in UHD and Recap

16935939024401202971935644109388.jpg

Select Luton Town  v West Ham just for educational purposes if you aren't wanting to watch this match 

16935939876995684674390673086121.jpg

Now you have the option to select Watch in UHD select that

When the page refreshes it's in UHD but with in the red button service

When you press the dismiss button <-] the side menu shows that you are watching the match in UHD and you are still in the red button service

16935945149133712056857806003906.jpg

Press dismiss button twice from above screen to watch in full screen 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion