Discussion topic: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

This message was authored by Wayne7 This message was authored by: Wayne7

Hi can you tell me how to stop the red button watch in ultra HD pop up appearing every minute when i

Hi can you tell me how to stop the red button watch in ultra HD pop up appearing every minute when im watching a live football match on sky sports 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Hi can you tell me how to stop the red button watch in ultra HD pop up appearing every minute wh

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wayne7 
I have moved your post to a thread already discussing this subject. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Pop ups on Sky Sports

I am told there have been other discussions on this topic.

I have a Sky Q box.

I was watching  tonight a premier league game on Sky sports channel 403.
Every three minutes or so, I was getting a very annoying  pop up on the bottom right hand corner asking me to press the red button to watch Ultra HD. I would press the back up button to get rid of it and then back it came three minutes later. I would then try and leave it and it would disappear and then come back again. Is this happening with everyone?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Pop ups on Sky Sports

@middlesex1993 

Likewise, I have moved your post to a thread already discussing this subject.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by BetterRelieved This message was authored by: BetterRelieved

Thank you @@Daniel0210 for getting all the comments on to this thread. 

The summary of the situation. Is as follows: 

1) The annoying pop us is still occurring. It comes up every 2/3 minutes and lasts for 20-30 seconds through out any Sky live broadcast but not TNT

2) A short term work around which works for some is to pause live play for a second or so (making sure that the broadcast doesn't jump back to live play - screen will go blank (black). This should stop the pop up, if it comes back, you haven't pressed pause for long enough

3) A number of Sky customers have complained about the issue to Sky over a week ago ans they are aware that it is significantly impacting the viewing experience

4) Sky are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it long term 

5) They are aware that if not resolved, long term loyal customers who only really subscribe for the live Sport (like me), will cut the cord and move to an alternative platform. 

Hope this helps. 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@BetterRelieved wrote:

Thank you @@Daniel0210 for getting all the comments on to this thread. 

The summary of the situation. Is as follows: 

1) The annoying pop us is still occurring. It comes up every 2/3 minutes and lasts for 20-30 seconds through out any Sky live broadcast but not TNT

Sky don't own TNT 

2) A short term work around which works for some is to pause live play for a second or so (making sure that the broadcast doesn't jump back to live play - screen will go blank (black). This should stop the pop up, if it comes back, you haven't pressed pause for long enough

Not within Sky's saying "it's only Live once you might as well set a record as it has the same effect as pausing for a few seconds 

3) A number of Sky customers have complained about the issue to Sky over a week ago ans they are aware that it is significantly impacting the viewing experience

Fair comment on that one

4) Sky are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it long term 

Is the red button pop up due to the frequency and that we will rather dismiss it rather than see if watching the match in question via the red button service stops the pop up

5) They are aware that if not resolved, long term loyal customers who only really subscribe for the live Sport (like me), will cut the cord and move to an alternative platform. 

From my point of view I'm quite happy with Live Sport on Sky as I have the Complete Sky Sports pack until 2024
Hope this helps. 

Yesterday I started to watch the F1 I usually record it and watch it Live as well Sky F1 UHD is on channel 406

Got a pop up before the start of Practice 1 session channel 406 is UHD and I have the UHD subscription 

20230901_120626.jpg

Red button says Race Control and Recap

I pressed the red button and selected Italian Grand Prix Practice 1 from the list 

Once selected I was presented with Watch in UHD I was already on the UHD channel 406 so proceeded to select the Watch in UHD once the page had refreshed it was full screen and in  UHD

Upon pressing the dismiss button <-] the side menu re-appeared with options for US open court selection Italian Practice 1 and Practice 2

Luton Town v West Ham match at 8pm

Selected Italian GP Practice 1 again this time the watch in UHD had changed to watching pressed the dismiss button twice to watch in Full screen watched the full Practice session via the red button service with no red button pop ups 

Also did the same for Luton Town v West Ham watched first half via red button service again no pop ups

This message was authored by BetterRelieved This message was authored by: BetterRelieved

@best+of+the+best 

Thanks @best+of+the+best , helpful comments for those with UHD.

As I don't have a UHD TV can't make use of it. 

This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Daniel0210

Thank you for moving me to this thread.

Sadly that solution of pausing the live game does not work for me.

I tried pausing the live game for a few seconds.The screen did not go blank though of course everything stopped.

I then pressed the appropriate button and the action started again. The pop up returned.

Any other solutions?

@middlesex1993 

Try pressing it for a few more seconds (make sure it doesn't go blank or return to live). 

initially the short term fix didn't work for me, but it did during Luton West Ham yesterday.

Re: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

BetterRelieved

Thanks for that.

Does this pause solution work for everyone or just some people. I will try it again later.

I assume this problem only happens when you are watching live sport on Sky sports channels and no where else.

Finally. I watched a few minutes ago the end of a live rugby game on a Sky sports channel and the pop up never happened.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@middlesex1993 wrote:

BetterRelieved

Thanks for that.

Does this pause solution work for everyone or just some people. I will try it again later.

I assume this problem only happens when you are watching live sport on Sky sports channels and no where else.

Finally. I watched a few minutes ago the end of a live rugby game on a Sky sports channel and the pop up never happened.

@middlesex1993 It should work for everyone. When you Pause and restart you are, effectively, watching a recording and pop ups don't appear on recordings.

It's possible that Sky are only plugging this on major events like the football and tennis, hence it not appearing on the rugby. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@BetterRelieved wrote:

@best+of+the+best 

Thanks @best+of+the+best , helpful comments for those with UHD.

As I don't have a UHD TV can't make use of it. 

Fair comment @BetterRelieved apologies you did mention that you didn't have a UHD tv 

So I've dropped my picture resolution to 1080p

16936487274325128615871978123268.jpg

I have the red button pop up for Court Selection on Channel 408

Sport tv Guide is all HD

16936489323821970605350940861223.jpg

Pressed red button and got the side menu F1 Italian GrandPrix Practice 3 is my target

16936491825625057673734185620062.jpg

If I select it I get Recap for Practice 1 and Practice 2 I'm waiting for the Practice Session 3 to start to see the Watch Live option

16936499100793997840714100096519.jpg

Select Watch live the page refreshes to full screen but if you press the dismiss button I'm watching the session via the red button so no popups 

As you can see it now says watching instead of Watch Live within the Sky Red Button Service 

16936505724114142401665564478942.jpg

16936506571313165153037468108483.jpg

When on this screen just press the dismiss button twice to get to full screen

Try it with the football match at 12:30pm unless you have the complete Sky sports pack try it with F1

But you don't get the red button pop up as I'm not watching it via channel 401 or 406

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Daniel0210

Thank you for moving me to this thread.

Sadly that solution of pausing the live game does not work for me.

I tried pausing the live game for a few seconds.The screen did not go blank though of course everything stopped.

I then pressed the appropriate button and the action started again. The pop up returned.

Any other solutions?

Hi @middlesex1993 watch the match live via the red button select the match from the side menu  see my post below #87 works with F1

I do have a UHD tv and the UHD subscription changed my picture resolution on the Sky Q box to 1080p

This message was authored by James_Chester This message was authored by: James_Chester

It wouldn't be so annoying if Sky didn't insist on  the black foggy blur in the background which completely obscures the rest of the screen.

I just want to relax and enjoy watching something on TV, without repeatedly having to press 'backup' on my remote. I've just watched the first half of a football match and had to press the 'backup' button 23 times!!!!!

Sky, sort it out otherwise I will unsubscibe.

These constant pop ups are so very annoying.

Having read all the posts three things.

1) This only happens to me when I am watching live football games on Sky. I am now watching  Sky channel 401 live US Open Tennis. No pop ups at all.

2) When I do get these annoying dreadful

pop ups, unlike  others, I seem to get no visible blurring of the picture.

3) I tried pausing the programme for a few seconds and then restarting, so in affect I am watching a recording and I still get these awful pop ups

Any comments anyone.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion